Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 12:25 PM

Old age catches up with me

Well, just got back from my appointment with audiology and am now the wearer of a couple of hearing aids, I last had a hearing test back in 2012, and it’s deteriorated a little bit , it’s especially noticeable with some tv programs and of course mrs p having to repeat herself frequently, the audiologist said that some of the softer speech with words that include “ fs ts and th” are somewhat softer so harder for me to detect, I mut admit that I was a little apprehensive with long remembered hearing aids of old, ( my grandma had a box around her neck which whistled constantly) , but these are very discreet, fit behind the ear, with only a clear wire showing, but I must say it’s made a difference so far, things are clearer and crisper so hopefully I’ll be able to hear a bit better from now on.....pardon..
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 03:35 PM

Re: Old age catches up with me

Well done!

Hearing aids are a sign of consideration, confidence, and determination.

Wearing them says to the people you care about that what they say is worth listening to and that you have plenty left to do in the world.

My dad quietly went out and was fitted for a pair after his grandkids came for a visit. I told him that was one of the nicest gifts he ever gave them and vice versa.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top