Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 06:09 PM

Re: Very posh hotels

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
No air-con then.
Oh yes air con is a must, still not to fart the smell would go everywhere
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Some really posh. But, by contrast, were dives. Just where many of our projects landed.

Could be the jungle in Malaysia or Abu Dhabi.
Taipei wasn't bad..........
Nice work.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 06:20 PM

Forest Park Hotel, Platres, Cyprus. Some great views of Troodos mountains.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 06:23 PM

A 4* hotel in China is like our 2/3 star hotels over here. Having breakfast is a bit scary and you are being watched discreetly from a distance to make sure you are where you are supposed to be. Or that is the feeling I got seeing this man pass the dining room several times watching. As long as your with the tour guide no probs,, even ate in a royal palace all gold plated walls. 4 chinese girls, dress in red dress traditional clothes, to open the doors The palace is in the middle of a huge park in Bejing

Don't ask how many course we had I lost count after 10
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

31-07-2020, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
A 4* hotel in China is like our 2/3 star hotels over here. Having breakfast is a bit scary and you are being watched discreetly from a distance to make sure you are where you are supposed to be. Or that is the feeling I got seeing this man pass the dining room several times watching. As long as your with the tour guide no probs,, even ate in a royal palace all gold plated walls. 4 chinese girls, dress in red dress traditional clothes, to open the doors The palace is in the middle of a huge park in Bejing

Don't ask how many course we had I lost count after 10
Dining in that such grandeur would give me indigestion, so worried I would break something priceless.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-07-2020, 06:39 PM

Stay in a hotel in Japan is unique down late for a meal and you have missed it, Very strict on meal times even if your half way through a meal to hover waiting for the plates. Very regimented people in Japan no flexability at all
]

Very expensive to eat in the hotel, most went outside to a local cafe where it was half the price the hotel were charging
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

31-07-2020, 06:44 PM

Very austere, think I would have done as you did ate out.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-07-2020, 07:01 PM

Cinderella

The opening of the European main monestry for the Thai monks was something else. I will do my best to say what happened this was in Wimbledon.
We knew the daughter of the Thai Overseas Ambassador to the UK ( Got another story about that )

So Sue and I had the very special invite to attend and sit down for a meal with the monks, the only outsiders there so very privilaged.

Well not knowing, these girls (from the embassy we found out later) served us the first course. Ignorance stepped in big time at this point, so we ate leaving a bit of space incase there was any more.

Big mistake, no big a huge mistake, 15 courses later and more on the way , well you get the idea

Don't have a clue how managed to stand up afterwards and look polite, impossible, more like rolled up to an upright position somehow.

Biggest meal I have ever attended
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-07-2020, 07:16 PM

Never seen anything like the hotel in Fishermans Wharf San Francisco
They don't have a restaurant in the hotel we stayed at but one attached to it.
We met some internet friends there for a meal ordered for 4 and they bought out enugh for a party of 10. Quite common to ask for a doggie bag to take home what they can't eat. Stagggerd how much the locals could get through, would have made 2/3 meals for Sue and I
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

31-07-2020, 07:22 PM

O gosh, however did you feel next morning.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top