Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 12:58 PM

no facemasks

I was statring to wonder if I had dreamt about having to wear facemasks in shops, this morning I drove my husband to the pharmacy to get his prescription, as I waited outside I saw one of the workers walking about inside....no facemask
we then went to the co op and the young woman in front of me in the queue also had no facemask on.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 01:31 PM

Re: no facemasks

Originally Posted by paula ->
I was statring to wonder if I had dreamt about having to wear facemasks in shops, this morning I drove my husband to the pharmacy to get his prescription, as I waited outside I saw one of the workers walking about inside....no facemask
we then went to the co op and the young woman in front of me in the queue also had no facemask on.
Change pharmacy and if one of a group make formal complaint to head office. I would without a moment's delay.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 01:33 PM

There were 2 people in Tesco not wearing a mask last time I went in there. One an elderly man, who could have been exempt due to health reasons & a young man, who stood very close to us when we were looking at magazines. I said to my son in a very loud voice, 'Some people don't think the social distancing applies to them, nor does wearing masks in shops. I thought everyone had to wear one, if not exempt'. The man totally ignored us & moved away. I asked at the desk & the lady said we aren't saying anything to them if they haven't got one on. Surely that is so wrong. But then, they aren't allowed to tell kids off running riot either. Which is why we always go late evenings to avoid the brats.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 01:39 PM

Paula, I found the same in Waitrose a few days ago, some staff, and a customer, were walking around with no face covering.
They had got a chap (masked) on the door letting people in and out, and when I asked him his views on customers coming in with no mask, all he said was - " they may have a health problem."

I called in Asda late yesterday, and saw a couple more customers wandering round the aisles with no coverings either. No one dares challenge them it seems.

Having said that, I am a coward too, because the bloke behind me at the checkout kept shoving his trolley right up to me instead of keeping 2 mtrs away, and I daren't start an argument with him!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 01:48 PM

Just had a quick look and found this crazy bit of info on the government website:

" As well as shops and supermarkets, face coverings must be worn in banks, building societies and post offices.

Wearing a face covering will not be made mandatory in other venues that have measures in place to protect staff and the public from COVID-19. These include:

eat-in restaurants and pubs
hairdressers and other treatment salons
gyms and leisure centres
cinemas, concert halls and theatres

For transport hubs in England, the requirements mean face coverings must be worn in indoor train stations and terminals, airports, maritime ports, and indoor bus and coach stations or terminals."

So it seems you have to wear face coverings in train/bus stations, yet we can sit in an enclosed cinema or theatre without one.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-08-2020, 01:51 PM

Paula, it seems shop staff don't have to wear masks according to this:

Staff in indoor settings

Face coverings are not required by law for employees, as employers already have a legal obligation to provide a safe working environment.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:08 PM

I think the staff should wear masks and gloves. They're in contact with people for hours, walking past them, handling stock, standing in the way.
I got so fed up in our Sainsburys today I've vowed never to go in there again.
Then I got to the pharmacy bit and found, yet again, my 'script wasn't ready! I wasn't going to hang about waiting for it (ordered it two days ago).
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Just like to point out as I work indirectly for a Pharmacy. At the start of this crisis, the Staff wore facemasks religiously for a period of about two months to protect themselves, from a public who had no obligation to wear any protection, this meant the proprietor being masked up for 11 hours a day, and staff for periods of up to 9 hours. These periods of time are uncomfortable for the wearer, so, when it became incumbent for members of the public to don a mask whilst in such establishments, for a period of just one or two minutes, the emphasis for the responsibility should quite rightly change. I certainly wear a mask in shops, public enclosed spaces etc, the fact that staff aren't wearing a mask is irrelevant, if me being uncomfortable for a couple of minutes means, they can work ALL DAY in some relative comfort, so be it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:22 PM

Went shopping somewhere recently , cant remember which shop , all staff wearing masks , all day long , company ordered them too . I felt for them it was hot and stuffy for me for just 10 minutes . I spoke to the girls who were so pleasant and polite, they said it's hard but we manage .

Here where I live most people are respectable , although I'm staying out of the town as it's like an ants nest , and I shop local
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-08-2020, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think the staff should wear masks and gloves. They're in contact with people for hours, walking past them, handling stock, standing in the way.
I got so fed up in our Sainsburys today I've vowed never to go in there again.
Then I got to the pharmacy bit and found, yet again, my 'script wasn't ready! I wasn't going to hang about waiting for it (ordered it two days ago).

Tess, do you order your repeats online?
I do, and it says to give it - not sure if it's three or four working days - before collection. Don't know how long yours says?

If my pharmacy has been acceptionally busy and it is not done, he will do it straightaway while I wait, but they are very good and obliging there - and they are all masked up even though they stand behind a perspex screen as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top