Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 03:50 PM

Re: Return To School

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Do you mean each school is run by MANAGERS Dex??
What happened to headmasters and secretaries?

Local authority schools in Scotland are not run by managers. Instead, senior management is made up of people who trained to be teachers and, unfortunately, good teachers do not necessarily make good managers.
Pretty much the same in England - teachers get promoted up (or, one could argue - down) the slippy ladder.

Have known a fair few colleagues who have managed to distance themselves from children as much as possible, largely because they're not very good on the old "teaching" front, and then tell all those who are good how to go about their jobs. Guess it's typical across most careers.

Am sure I mentioned before how the Head of Girls' PE I once worked with managed to get an LEA job which involved her advising Senior Managers how to proceed to the "next level", in spite of the fact that she never managed to do it herself
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
My granddaughter a primary school teacher did. Even going into school to clean classrooms it being toodangerous For school cleaners :shock.
School cleaners have been in doing deep cleans, my daughter cleans a pre-school and was deep cleaning it in the evenings before the holidays. So were cleaners working in schools which were teaching front line staff, that’s probably more dangerous as their parents could have been working in hospitals.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 05:06 PM

Sometimes watching the news it seems it's all turning into a peeing contest over who has the more dangerous job, who's more at risk of catching covid ..
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
You need to get with the times my friend!!
My only excuse is being absent for 40yrs and only coming back
in the last 4yrs Dex !
However l cant say things have improved despite all the
" Improvements"??

Donkeyman! 👎😟👎
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2020, 12:55 PM

How about putting the teachers & cleaning staff in PPEs?

Then put a plastic barrier between teachers & pupils.

Then tell parents that school is open but, if you are truly afraid, you can keep your kids out of school as long as you like.

If pupils are unruly, send them home.

That way, Education continues, staff and pupils are reasonably safe, and the risks are as low as you might get for quite some while.

There are many other occupations which have gone back to work.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top