Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 04:57 PM

Re: Coronavirus: The Disppearing Deaths

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Have you noticed that deaths is staying very low Barry??
This could be because the supply of over 70s is getting smaller
as we peg off!
Perhaps the age of the unlucky ones should be published as well??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publica...ulation-groups

Age: While some young and middle-aged adults can develop serious complications or die from Covid-19, the risks rise significantly with age. This is thought to be because immune systems tend to deteriorate with age and because older people are more likely to have chronic conditions. For example, the mortality rate at ages 80–84 in England and Wales is about ten times greater than at ages 60–64.

Gender: Men are more likely to develop serious complications and die from Covid-19 than women. The mortality rate among males (97.5 deaths per 100,000) is double that of females (46.5). Various reasons have been put forward for this gender difference, but none has been scientifically established yet.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 05:10 PM

Hi

Lies, damned lies and Statistics.

The Government are trumpeting about their reduced numbers of deaths.

Watch this space, they have angered so many professionals.

The reduction of tests by over 1.3 million has meant that our infection rate and death rate is the highest in Europe.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Lies, damned lies and Statistics.

The Government are trumpeting about their reduced numbers of deaths.

Watch this space, they have angered so many professionals.

The reduction of tests by over 1.3 million has meant that our infection rate and death rate is the highest in Europe.

We are testing more people than just about any other country in Europe, so our detection rate is far superior for a start. The second part is how COVOD-19 deaths are reported, which is very different to the cases that actually died from it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But the number of deaths from the Chinese Plague is "only" only one statistic though more than bad enough in itself. There is also the huge costs to treat people who need intensive support during the critical stages and thereon often over months and in some cases ongoing.

Add to that the impact it is having on NHS treatment of people who are stuck on expanding waiting lists, in some cases where delays will result in death while timely treatment would have had a very much more favourable outcome.

In any case what is now happening with this monster is probably not a second wave, it's more than likely it's the first wave increasing as the people are behaving that it's over and things can return to normal. Well they're bloody WRONG.

I know exactly what you mean, we can't really return to normal as this virus isn;t going away any time soon and I was discussing this with my boss this morning.

What are we to do though, can we keep locking down? the economy needs to get going again. I know it's not the flu but like the flu it is here and will be around a long time.

Economy doesn't stop because some people may get cancer, flu, pneumonia, etc, Covid is here now and until a vaccine is found is here to stay, even after a vaccine is found it's still going to be here because there are so many people saying they won't take a vaccine.

We have all lost 6 months of our lives already and I don't want to lose anymore of my life because I 'may' get Covid-19. If everyone followed the rules I would gladly carry on as we are doing but there are so many rule breakers that it's never going to go away. I saw on the news that Spain are holding a protest 'NO TO MASKS' so many people don't want to do what may help get rid, it might not go away with no masks but it's not hard to TRY, just people don't like to be told what to do.

Stay safe friends xxxx

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top