Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 09:59 PM

Re: Another grim health discovery

Just wow!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 10:44 PM

I am just glad that this firm was responsible enough to pay for their own private testing for all the staff, else what might have happened?

I wonder how many other companies would do this, so credit where it's due.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Be careful, don't take a picnic to the Beach.
#

Because the loos are closed?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 01:08 AM

Another worry is how the New Zealand outbreak occurred after 100 days without a single case. Now they have 36 cases.

Where did it come from? was it imported in frozen goods or has it laid dormant in the community?

This is very worrying.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...cases/12553526
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 04:51 AM

Hi

Whilst we are still learning about this virus the advice from the start has been that hand washing is crucial.

This is because we know that all coronoviruses can be spread by touching contaminated surfaces.

Covid appears to be more contagious than others as it is not as temperature dependant, it copes with high temperatures well.

It is more contagious at lower temperatures, hence the number of outbreaks worldwide linked to food processing plants.

We have a long way to go to fully understand it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Whilst we are still learning about this virus the advice from the start has been that hand washing is crucial.

This is because we know that all coronoviruses can be spread by touching contaminated surfaces.

Covid appears to be more contagious than others as it is not as temperature dependant, it copes with high temperatures well.

It is more contagious at lower temperatures, hence the number of outbreaks worldwide linked to food processing plants.

We have a long way to go to fully understand it

Very true!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not sure where to put this, so please move if necessary.

Another worrying discovery not far from me, has been on the news today.

A large food factory in Northampton which makes sandwiches and Sushi for Marks & Spencer has been found to have almost 300 of their staff with Coronavirus!

Have a read of this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-positive.html

Oooer, just seen this is in Beauty!!! I must be losing the plot. Please move it for me Mods - thank you.
Good grief!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

14-08-2020, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Do we really know the full extent of covid infections? Or how long the workers have been producing food while infected?
Probably not!

I reckon covid is like an iceberg; The real figures are far greater than we could ever imagine...
I agree.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 08:42 AM

I have never liked M&S sandwiches anyway. I have always thought they were quite bland for the price.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 09:33 AM

Do you remember in the early days when we were told it thived in colder conditions, and when warmer weather came it would kill it off?

Huh! Talk about misinformation!
It seems to coped and thrived very nicely in the heatwaves we've been having this summer!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top