Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2010, 12:20 PM

2nd TV debate on Sky News 8PM Tonight

This is the discussion thread for the 2nd TV debate - that will be on tonight at 8PM on Sky news

Edit: Here's the poll results after the show:

Poll Results after the debate:

Guardian/ICM:
Clegg win on 33%, with Cameron and Brown tied on 29%.

Angus Reid:
Clegg win with 33%, Cameron on 32% and Brown on 23%.

YouGov/Sun:
Cameron win with 36%, 32% for Clegg and 29% for Brown.

ComRes/ITV:
Clegg win with 33%, Brown and Cameron tied on 30%

MailOnline:
Clegg win with 46%, Cameron on 41%, Brown on 14%

Sky poll of polls:
Cameron and Clegg tied on 33%, Brown on 27%
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Re: 2nd TV debate on Sky News 8PM Tonight

Another good debate, although I don't know why they covered some of the same questions as last week!

What I found really funny is how David Cameron and Gordon Brown tried to be a bit more like Nick from last week

Nick Cleggs closing speech was the best again, and I feel pretty much the same as last week - that he's the only one who has a plan that makes sense, Cameron just wants to get in and Gordon has his heart in the right place but is lacking direction.

Looking forward to next weeks now!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2010, 09:49 PM

I thought Nick has lost the lustre he had last week . . . . . Cameron accused Labour of the highest immigration figures in 50 years . . . . nothing to do with Labour mate . . . it's the EC, workers from the Eastern block who are to blame for high immigration figures, it was the Tories who took us into the EC not Labour . . . there are nearly half a million Poles here . . . . . the Libs need to forget scrapping our nuclear defence system, that's exactly what it is, a defence, . . . . . Gordy needs to polish up his image IMO . . . . he's looking so tired and done in . . . . . I missed the first 45 mins but what I did see didn't impress me.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

22-04-2010, 10:28 PM

Clegg's consistent performance seems to have gone down well:

Early polls published straight after the debate suggested the result was much closer.

A ComRes/ITV News survey suggested Mr Clegg was again judged the strongest performer. 36 per cent of those asked said he had won the debate - David Cameron and Gordon Brown both finished on 30 per cent.

An online survey carried out on the Channel 4 News website during the debate also suggested Mr Clegg was judged the winner.

He was backed by 52 per cent, with Mr Brown on 31 per cent and mr Cameron on 17 per cent.
http://www.channel4.com/news/article...debate/3622777
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2010, 07:30 AM

IMO Cameron just came out on top from Clegg who Niave political standing shown through, Browns school boy bullying was there for all to see with his 'Pointing' finger declaring Cameron and Cleggs policies as threatening.
Brown also lied so obviously that I was surprised that Clegg and Cameron did not attack him.
I saw Cameron emerge as a possibly leader of the country and Clegg as a learning PM.
What non of the three wannabes did was convince me commit my vote for them.
Last week I was all for Lib/Dems, this week I was for the Tory's. The only thing that I am certain of is that having been conned three times by Labours lies and broken promises that I will not be conned again.

Comres poll- Con 35%, Lab 25%, Lib 27%

Yougov-Con 36%, Lab 29%, Lib 32%

Angus Read Cons 33%, Lab 23%, Lib 35%

Which shows it is all to play for between Cons and LibDems.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2010, 07:41 AM

Nero, you are right that the Tory's took us into the common market 1971 but it was Harold Wilson who first tried in 1966 and failed.
The EEC as the EU was known then was a market set up for the trading of common products not the law making community it is today.
Heath,s government produced false propaganda claiming that it would be good to join the EEC, once again showing how politicians lie to get their way.
Loaded questions in a referendum in 1975 to the people who did not really know what they were voting for and had to rely on party newspapers description, conned the public. Hostory shows how we are constantly being conned by politicians.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2010, 09:44 AM

I voted under Heath for a Common Market the ECC..NOT for a European Union..that the lieing politicians have taken us into..
if Glegg gets in he has said that he will grant an amnisty to all illegal immigrants, according to Migration Watch there is an estimated one million of them..
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

27-04-2010, 09:05 AM

Nine days to go and I am still undecided. I hate having to choose one child out of so many, well that is what they are.
They dont have policies, well I have not heard any recently, just a lot of name calling.

It will definately not be Nu-Labour but if the others dont stop being childish it could be A.N.Other.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

27-04-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
...if Glegg gets in he has said that he will grant an amnisty to all illegal immigrants, according to Migration Watch there is an estimated one million of them..
Where do you get your facts from? Ah I know, the bnp scare guide!!

Clegg is the ONLY one out of the top three who is not offering an amnesty to ALL illegal immigrants. It's the tories and the labour govt that automatically give anyone who has been here for 14 years the right to live here

Clegg says at 10 years, if they have not been involved in crime, can speak English and want to pay taxes like everyone else (i.e. are not spongers and want to actually integrate in our society) they may get a 2 year work permit, with a view to a permanent visa depending on how things go.

Go and report that back to the dumb bnp so they can get their facts right please
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2010, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Where do you get your facts from? Ah I know, the bnp scare guide!!

Go and report that back to the dumb bnp so they can get their facts right please

Sorry Azz

A lot of other papers and other sources have stated this including the DM and the BBC amoung others.

Have most of my life voted Lib but when they stated that will empty the prisons I have given up on them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top