Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 08:52 AM

Thursday thread

Hi everyone. I've only flitted in quickly to apologise for not being here yesterday (granddaughter) or today really, as I'm off to visit my mum. What is it they say about the 'Sandwich Generation'?
How did the southern UK folk manage with the downpours yesterday? I think I missed being caught in a deluge by just a minute or two - thank goodness
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 08:57 AM

Re: Thursday thread

Good Morning, Dinahsmum and All. Hope you have a lovely day with your Mum DM.

Hope everyone will enjoy Thursday I am in a rush just now as I have to get to the vet to pick up Loki's medication - they only open for an hour from 9.30 am to 10.30 am and I need to catch the bus

Take care and stay safe
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 10:47 AM

The south UK downpour yesterday was a surprise. Just after I posted about it drizzling, the heavens opened with thunderstorms. Then dry again for the rest of the day.
Mary
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 10:56 AM

Morning all

We (the dogs and I) got wet yesterday but only caught the drizzle, it absolutely poured just after we got home, we had a thunder storm too, I am so glad I was indoors for that!

I hope we survive the walk today.

Has anyone seen these Northern Lights that we have been promised yet? I would love to see them.

Hope you all have a good day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 12:45 PM

Hi everyone

Just back from the hairdressers and looking presentable once more I find it so relaxing there as the girl who shampoos the hair gives you a good 5 minute head massage after ....... I could almost drop off to sleep!

We, too, had the storms yesterday, the benefit being that I didn't have to water the garden as it had a good soaking...

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 01:34 PM

Grrrr-car is back from the garage. We got a warning saying "check emissions" something had failed and it cost £150. That`s it we are never buying the car a curry again
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 04:40 PM

Hi all. Lovely day here, 30 C (85 F), nice breeze, but a cold front is approaching and they're predicting severe t'storms like those two Sundays back when we had the massive power failures! Please send no-power-loss vibes!! Am waiting for the roofer now; no errands today so had a nice lie-in.

Have a safe day, people.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Grrrr-car is back from the garage. We got a warning saying "check emissions" something had failed and it cost £150. That`s it we are never buying the car a curry again

just love your sense of humour OG!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2010, 09:01 PM

Evening all-Dental Hygenist this morning-went in with teeth feeling fine and came out with what seemed like tooth ache-all that prodding and poking I expect-fine now! Then it was off walking, and after dinner, trip to tip with load of rubbish then into town. Vets after tea for Sam to have his ear drops put in, then time to sit down and relax. Just don't know where today has gone.......

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top