Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 12:17 PM

Re: Do You Use ‘Forum Lingo’?

Not really Forum Lingo, but I do put some deliberet misspellings in to give the pretence that I'm not perfect and to give JBR something to do, since he loves correcting them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 12:20 PM

I hate wasting my time trying to figure out what initials stand for, that to me is laziness on a forum.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Haha! No Arty, I think it means Significant Other...as in someone special that you are not married to.
Pixie, Thanks for that. I would never have thought of ‘significant other’.
It sounds really, wokey!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not really Forum Lingo, but I do put some deliberet misspellings in to give the pretence that I'm not perfect and to give JBR something to do, since he loves correcting them.
I wrote ‘lady’s’ instead of ‘ladies’ in another thread and l smart with embarrassment when l see it and l can’t change it!

I hate looking thick!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Current in words, starting a sentence, ie. ‘Indeed’.
That use of the particular adverb may be a current predilection of mine but I would hardly** categorise it as "forum lingo* "

* lingo

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/lingo

the language and speech, especially the jargon, slang, or argot, of a particular field, group, or individual
** hardly is another one of my preferred adverbs .....

Both, AFAIK, are part of the "Queen's English" .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 12:26 PM

Pixie, Thanks for that. I would never have thought of ‘significant other’.
It sounds really, wokey!
Yes, I think so too, Arty. Its probably for those people who are in same sex relationships, or "gender fluid"
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-05-2021, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I hate wasting my time trying to figure out what initials stand for, that to me is laziness on a forum.
Mags, There should be an ‘Abbreviation Section’ on here that we can refer to, to find out their meanings!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 12:34 PM

Mags, There should be an ‘Abbreviation Section’ on here that we can refer to, to find out their meanings!
Heaven help us!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-05-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
That use of the particular adverb may be a current predilection of mine but I would hardly categorise it as "forum lingo* "

* lingo

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/lingo
Indeed DO, l am so sorry that l wasn’t being as precise as my dear forum colleague required me to be.

Lots of others use it too.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 12:36 PM

Indeed DO, l am so sorry that l wasn’t being as precise as my dear forum colleague required me to be.
Try harder .....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top