Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 01:13 PM

Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

A 92 year old woman has spent two years knitting a replica of the Queen's Sandringham estate. I am totally in awe of her! It's on display to raise money for charity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-57334420

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	knitted sandringham.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	15842  
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 01:23 PM

Re: Sandringham Estate has been knitted!!!

Undeniably impressive!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Undeniably impressive!
Isn't it just? I mean, it's impressive for anyone, but someone aged 92? Wow, I hope I can be that woman when I'm her age!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 01:26 PM

An amazing piece of work
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

09-06-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
An amazing piece of work
It really is. I'm a knitter, but I'd hardly know where to start with something like this!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 01:43 PM

The lady who made this should be proud, not just for the work she had done, but for the idea of making it and using it to raise funds for local hospitals.

What she should be most proud of though, is not feeling sorry for herself during the lock down, but finding something interesting to do to fill the hours & producing something that many people will admire & appreciate.

Well done Margaret Seaman
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

09-06-2021, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The lady who made this should be proud, not just for the work she had done, but for the idea of making it and using it to raise funds for local hospitals.

What she should be most proud of though, is not feeling sorry for herself during the lock down, but finding something interesting to do to fill the hours & producing something that many people will admire & appreciate.

Well done Margaret Seaman
You are so right Twink. And when she lost her husband, instead of falling into a well of grief (and I don't condemn anyone who does), she joined a knitting group, and "it all snowballed from there". So much respect and admiration for her attitude to life. Not giving up, even at 92. She is an inspiration.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 02:20 PM

Clever lady

I knitted a doll for my grandaughter and it was hilarious when finished it had elongated head and a bump on her back and one leg longer than the other
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
You are so right Twink. And when she lost her husband, instead of falling into a well of grief (and I don't condemn anyone who does), she joined a knitting group, and "it all snowballed from there". So much respect and admiration for her attitude to life. Not giving up, even at 92. She is an inspiration.
Apart from that her attitude must keep her young, because I didn't think she looked 92 on the photo!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
A 92 year old woman has spent two years knitting a replica of the Queen's Sandringham estate. I am totally in awe of her! It's on display to raise money for charity.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-57334420
Gosh it’s a real work of art .
A wonderful effort .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top