Join for free
Page 8 of 30 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:19 AM

Re: A Smart Car Saga

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks Dianne, that's much better.

Just out of curiosity - why don't you use paragraphs?

That’s an interesting question.

I tend to use paragraphs, because if I don’t it gives me a headache reading it back.

No harm in asking, I would respect if I never got a reply back.

We all see things differently....

It could be a sensitive subject to one not so to another.

I don’t like some connotations that I see in posts...
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:28 AM

That would be a view which shows also the edge of the new workshop, we decided to use an up and over Garage Door, purley so all the room could be used..doors can really get in the way in a confined space..Previously there was greenhouse No.2 in the space.
Next photo is showing the farmland next door, just a glimpse, also of a gate he made for the front entrance. Husband took up' Wood' as a hobby on retirement, .still making stuff today and will do anything to get out of housework..But'' sweetie I am making this especially for you''..that kind of everyday codswallop, had many excuses over time and now coming up for 55 years of wedded blis*
...no remission...

DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:45 AM

The Smart Car, sad looking back now....we did not take many photos of such... a few of the unusual garden which we took on as we loved the overall property. It was on a steep slope, so much so that the Bungalow Lounge Window at the side was like the 1st floor of a House...Vehicle in the front is the Mitsubishi L200 and the cover came via Brian as he found one so much cheaper for us than we could buy in the UK at the time. The back car under the carport is the famous Smart Car and the cover is a proper Smart One, overpriced and still tore with the W. & T of weather mainly. The wild wheels we feel was the main reason why it was so uncomfortable on the roads. Our near neighbour who was called a nickname of go,un have a fag and a cuppa, that'll sort yer...her Smart Car was Original and she always stated it was very comfortable...We did get on in the end but she had a youngish son, who although settled with wife and new baby next door to her... was a complete arse...
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

01-07-2021, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That’s an interesting question.

I tend to use paragraphs, because if I don’t it gives me a headache reading it back.

No harm in asking, I would respect if I never got a reply back.

We all see things differently....

It could be a sensitive subject to one not so to another.

I don't know really the answer to that Pauline, I have never thought about layout .I will try, but often just concentrating on the actually typing and looking for the spell check, one hell of a lot,,I know sometimes I go on and on, always been a bit of a rambler.
We are in real life a CarryOn Crew most days, but a lot does involve our misunderstandings of the French Language and vise versus.
I am more of a doer than a thinker. MY Husband gives out orders a lot and thinks he is the Boss..dream on...
I would always try and reply to posts to me or connected to me, obviously time does not always allow that or can be missed also.
I can take advice, but seem to hate people being judgemental of each other...live and let live in the main.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
On the whole, I think it's probably wiser not to comment too much on people's text layout.

After all, nobody's perfect on here and some posters may have well known conditions which makes it less easy for them to write.

It's what they write that's the important bit.
I totally agree with you Dex but huge blocks of writing without a break or a paragraph genuinely does make it hard for me to read.

I'm sure we were all taught about paragraphs at school.

They make the text more understandable.

Imagine a post without full stops!

I was most definitely not getting at Dianne. She comes over as being intelligent & articulate.

When I see a huge block of text from any poster I never bother reading it, which is a shame really as it might be something good.

No wish to ruffle any feathers. I will say no more.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
I don't know really the answer to that Pauline, I have never thought about layout .I will try, but often just concentrating on the actually typing and looking for the spell check, one hell of a lot,,I know sometimes I go on and on, always been a bit of a rambler.
We are in real life a CarryOn Crew most days, but a lot does involve our misunderstandings of the French Language and vise versus.
I am more of a doer than a thinker. MY Husband gives out orders a lot and thinks he is the Boss..dream on...
I would always try and reply to posts to me or connected to me, obviously time does not always allow that or can be missed also.
I can take advice, but seem to hate people being judgemental of each other...live and let live in the main.

It takes all sorts, personally it wouldn’t worry me.

Just be yourself and type on how it suits you.

I am a doer and a thinker........but like some...mouth sometimes engaged before thought.
Carol, was just enquiring, no harm meant...imo.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

01-07-2021, 09:13 AM

Well that should not have come over as anything but honesty, just me trying to explain what has been pointed out to me... lacking paragraphs causing people to struggle with my writing ways... but hey, was saying I can listen and take advice, that is often how we learn stuff

I have learnt a lot through good advice along the way, do not let it be judgemental as there is usually a good reason for not being so up to scratch over some things.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Sometimes you see connotations that aren't actually there!!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Sometimes you see connotations that aren't actually there!!
Sometimes she doesn't see them when they are there, and that can be frustrating.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Except without the wonderfully imaginative names that Dickens comes up with. Can you imagine a Brian in a Dickens story?
Until I discovered Smirnoff I thought that Dickens was some sort of orgy.

Page 8 of 30 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top