Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:37 PM

Re: Homelessness

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not while there is such a shortage of organs for transplant, but offer some inducement to take part in clinical trials might actually not be a bad idea.
"Free range" specimens
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:41 PM

A word of unasked for but very genuine advice. KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT and definitely give no money. Doing what you're doing is potentially VERY dangerous.

It may be dangerous to you bro...not to me.i don’t live in fear......but I do hear you.👍

And thank you.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:41 PM

Mental Health Issues account for a huge amount of not just health challenges but Social ones
The Social help available has gone down and down and to get to see somebody, not just in covid times, but well before then is long and harsh for people desperate for some help.

Pay for help out of your own pockets or wait for months to be assessed. for the appropriate care/treatment

Unless of course the option of committing some crime/offence or like maybe shorten your wait ..

Many homeless in Bexhill where we saw 1sthand, regulars selling newspapers to help get by..

One youngish Man with his dog and blanket drinks bowl..we would chat to often...His story would make you understand fully why many people are having to take to the street more than ever. Addiction was not one of them...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Mental Health Issues account for a huge amount of not just health challenges but Social ones
The Social help available has gone down and down and to get to see somebody, not just in covid times, but well before then is long and harsh for people desperate for some help.

Pay for help out of your own pockets or wait for months to be assessed. for the appropriate care/treatment

Unless of course the option of committing some crime/offence or like maybe shorten your wait ..

Many homeless in Bexhill where we saw 1sthand, regulars selling newspapers to help get by..

One youngish Man with his dog and blanket drinks bowl..we would chat to often...His story would make you understand fully why many people are having to take to the street more than ever. Addiction was not one of them...
Did you know that such types frequently share a dog between them? Or that their sob stories are just that?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 01:08 PM

Please read the book " pavement for my pillow " Chris kitch is really is an opener her own personal truth of years of homelessness . Abused at a young age by stepfather and thrown out lived on the streets till her late 40s I believe. In her story she tells the absolute truth about her journey and that of friends . She eventually accepted help from nuns and if still.alive lives on a barge and has done for many years . She would beg for money and use it for hard drugs as would her friends . They were not hungry as always given food but it was alcohol and drugs they craved. An eye opening story and Chris Kitch ends her story by saying

" dont give money to the homeless as you keep them there "
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 01:10 PM

How sad can one person get...I know genuine people and know many that are not.

Also know a lot about the Mental Health System.,,More than most people I know anyway.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Please read the book " pavement for my pillow " Chris kitch is really is an opener her own personal truth of years of homelessness . Abused at a young age by stepfather and thrown out lived on the streets till her late 40s I believe. In her story she tells the absolute truth about her journey and that of friends . She eventually accepted help from nuns and if still.alive lives on a barge and has done for many years . She would beg for money and use it for hard drugs as would her friends . They were not hungry as always given food but it was alcohol and drugs they craved. An eye opening story and Chris Kitch ends her story by saying

" dont give money to the homeless as you keep them there "
Which proves the point. Living in the gutter is a matter of choice. Let them rot if that's the choice they've made.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 01:19 PM

Which proves the point. Living in the gutter is a matter of choice. Let them rot if that's the choice they've made.

Very sad that the drink and drugs have possessed them, but yes it is their choice.

I remember watching a documentary about a mother of three, who preferred living on the street ,I believe her mother was bringing her children up.

She could have gone home at any time, she was a drug addict, she ended up dying on that street.

How drugs and drink can ravage and take over a persons life...once in too deep.

Extremely sad and devastating for the families, because I believe it ruins their life also.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
How sad can one person get...I know genuine people and know many that are not.

Also know a lot about the Mental Health System.,,More than most people I know anyway.
Well im happy to hear what you have to say Dianne...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 01:43 PM

A word of unasked for but very genuine advice. KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT and definitely give no money. Doing what you're doing is potentially VERY dangerous.
Sound advice AT

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top