Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 06:59 PM

Re: Would you be interested in a campaigning site?

I know there is nothing on the Island like that so I shall be keeping an eye on your site if you ahead Azz - and you might let me ponder if I could set up something similar here
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 09:31 PM

There's nothing like it anywhere BV - I thought the US might have something, but nothing.

If I go ahead with it I will add you to the beta
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 09:53 PM

Would this be a site for Campanologists.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Would this be a site for Campanologists.

Ding, ever so, dong!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
and I'll seek help with planting a few pounds of Semtex.
They won't sell it to you now Joe

The well known product which has been used in all sorts of war and terrorist activity was produced during the communist era in the town of Sem about 100 miles South of Prague in what was then Czechoslovakia. It was one of the regimes most profitable exports and the communist government were so keen to produce and sell it (to anyone who could pay in Dollars) that they removed the name of the town from all the maps available at the time fearing an attack from moderate democratic countries or groups.

After the communists were given the elbow in the early nineties the country held a vote and the Slovaks decided they didn't want to be part of one country and declared themselves a new country Slovakia, which pleased the Czechs greatly since they were subsidising the Slovakian part anyway.(Scottish folk please take note!)

Sem does now appear on the maps, and the factory does still exist, and it is a chemicals factory, and you can, (if you produce all the right international papers and can prove where and when you are going to use the product) still buy Semtex, and they will even accept Czech Crowns, or Euros, or even the good old English Pound
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
It will be more a site where anyone can set up a campaign, then they can either recruit people themselves or can list their campaign publicly and other people visiting the site can see if they want to join it or not
Best of luck with it Azz, it does sound like something that is more than just a petition site. I always wonder just how effective these 'on line' petitions are, e.g. are the 'signatures' always genuine being the sceptic that I am I'm sure that there's some duplication.

What you've described above could have more impact than just an 'on line' petition. Unfortunately I can't see myself having time to participate.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the explanation Azz, dont feel i would need it but good luck if you go ahead.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
There's nothing like it anywhere BV - I thought the US might have something, but nothing.

If I go ahead with it I will add you to the beta
Many thanks Azz. As you have said, there are places like 38 degrees but it would depend on whether or not they decide to act on something and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be allowed to over here anyway. I wouldn't have a clue how to go about it if I felt strongly other than (wait for it) - write a letter (how very British )

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top