Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 01:20 PM

Fantastic....

What you can buy on the internet...

Last night I had a near miss accident with a casserole dish. I was using a plate as a lid and it fell off as I was lifting it out of the oven. Luckily no harm was done but it made me realise it was a dangerous thing to do.
I've just been browsing the net and discovered that you can actually but spare lids. I've just ordered one from ebay. No more plate balancing for me...

I'm really pleased.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 01:35 PM

Re: Fantastic....

So agree with you
Been struggling with fitted sheets, they ruck up during the night which I hate
Says to Fabs, they should make straps for fitted sheets - put the request on Amazon and lo and behold - they do !
Ordered them, fitted them - pleased
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 01:39 PM

Ooo Patsy, I had a terrible fight trying to get a fitted sheet on my bed yesterday, one corner would pop off just as another one went on! Wore me out it did!

I'm going to get some of those strap things too!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ooo Patsy, I had a terrible fight trying to get a fitted sheet on my bed yesterday, one corner would pop off just as another one went on! Wore me out it did!

I'm going to get some of those strap things too!
Look on Amazon for fitted sheet straps
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 01:50 PM

I must look on the net for instructions on how to fold a fitted sheet. They take ages to iron and then I cannot fold them properly.
indenial
Lincolnshire UK
indenial is female 

04-02-2016, 01:52 PM

I smashed (or to be more accurate my dog smashed, though he claims he was just walking past) the glass lid of my Magimix steamer. I was very relieved to be able to buy a replacement lid online.

I'm going to check out the fitted sheet straps too before Amazon sells out!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-02-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I must look on the net for instructions on how to fold a fitted sheet. They take ages to iron and then I cannot fold them properly.
I just roll them up, then fold over
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 01:56 PM

If you can find the right question to ask, the wonderful www can usually come up with the answer, including finding things you want to buy. No wonder the High Street, as we have become used to is, is in trouble
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-02-2016, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
If you can find the right question to ask, the wonderful www can usually come up with the answer, including finding things you want to buy. No wonder the High Street, as we have become used to is, is in trouble
It really is fantastic - I can't be out too long, so I would have to go without the wonderful finds on the net, as it is, they come to my door - fantastico !
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I just roll them up, then fold over
That's what I do. There's no possible way to make a fitted sheet look neat. Except my mom could always do it and she even tried showing me how a couple of times, but I never got it right. So I roll and fold or sometimes just wad them and toss them in the drawer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top