Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 05:29 PM

Please help identify this film

I'm visiting my mum at the hospice and we need help identifying a film so that I can get a copy for us to watch.

The film is a comedy western, possibly from the 80's.

In the film is a scene where a scout has his earnto the floor, he describes the stagecoach, four horses and their colour, also how many passengers.

A cowboy asks "how can you tell all that from listening to the ground"

"I can't" he replies, "it ran over me 20 minutes ago"

Can anyone remember this film?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 05:39 PM

Re: Please help identify this film

Nope but it has a Gene Wilder feel to it-good hunting
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Was it Blazing Saddles? Sounds like a comedy spoof western.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

The only comedy cowboy films I can think of are Blazing Saddles and a Carry on film - Carry On Cowboy, or Sherrif or somesuch.

I hope someone can come up with the answer for you
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 05:40 PM

I was going to suggest B. Saddles, but never seen the film so can't confirm it.
indenial
Lincolnshire UK
indenial is female 

04-02-2016, 05:52 PM

My first thought was Blazing Saddles too. I know James Garner did a couple of comedy westerns - Support Your Local Sheriff and Support Your Local Gunfighter, but they would have been a lot earlier than the 80s. Then there is Cat Ballou.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 05:57 PM

Please don't think the main topic sections will get you less views or replies than the general chat ones - the opposite is actually true.

So many threads are posted in general chat that your thread may only show on the first page for a day or so - yet in the dedicated sections they will stay longer and are more likely to be sen by people browsing those sections because the topic interests them

Having said that we'll leave your thread here for a day and move it there tomorrow
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 06:14 PM

This could have gone in 'Questions' or 'Films'
Never mind - saw it anyway and the thread title gave a good clue
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 06:19 PM

Thanks for the replies, so far.

I must admit Gene Wilder did come to mind.
As for Blazing Saddles, another possibility though I don't remember it being this, a good excuse to watch it again.

@Azz, the only reason I asked for it to remain here is purely for "rapid response" as I'm trying to find out before I leave the hospice.

Thanks.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2016, 06:24 PM

Tried Googling quote but, it seems unless you have exact wording it's impossible

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top