Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 12:41 AM

Druid liaison manager wanted for Stonehenge

Only the brightest and best need apply! Here's the link.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

22-04-2013, 09:13 AM

Re: Druid liaison manager wanted for Stonehenge

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Only the brightest and best need apply! Here's the link.
Oh well that lets me out then!
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 09:54 AM

Does anybody clean them, that would be a steady job with a jet washer.

Also just think you could probably be able to use one of those sit on mowers .

the possibilities are endless
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 11:30 AM

I think that Stonehenge is an important part of our historical heritage, but £65,000???? Where do I apply?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 02:59 PM

English Heritage has too much money to spend IMO. Will the stones be stripped of their dignity and not have any dignity without the help of a Druid Liaison Manager who will get £65,000 pa? Many other heritage sites manage with volunteers - I am sure the Druids could help.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Many other heritage sites manage with volunteers - I am sure the Druids could help.
That makes sense to me.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 03:29 PM

For decades, when expecting calls from close friends, I have often answered the house 'phone with the phrase "Stonehenge, duty Druid speaking, how may I help?", one such occasion, instead of the friend I was expecting, it was my partners mother, who immediately hung up. I thought at first she had recognised my voice and thought I was taking the michael, but seconds later the 'phone rang again, and my partner answered, to her mum, who said, in a broad West Mids accent, "Ooh our Susan, I just had ever such a strange wrong number".
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
For decades, when expecting calls from close friends, I have often answered the house 'phone with the phrase "Stonehenge, duty Druid speaking, how may I help?", one such occasion, instead of the friend I was expecting, it was my partners mother, who immediately hung up. I thought at first she had recognised my voice and thought I was taking the michael, but seconds later the 'phone rang again, and my partner answered, to her mum, who said, in a broad West Mids accent, "Ooh our Susan, I just had ever such a strange wrong number".

It will be a nice little job for someone , I can't see it being a full time job with a lot to do though
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
@ Daisymay

''Druid liaison manager wanted for Stonehenge''
It will be a nice little job for someone , I can't see it being a full time job with a lot to do though
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2013, 04:55 PM

I think it would be a great job for someone who loves the place.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top