Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 10:10 PM

Would you be interested in a campaigning site?

A site where you could set up a campaign, and then other people interested could join your campaign and help you organise it or carry out tasks to help further the campaign, eg, sign petition, email MP, go to protest etc

So a site that helps you organise a campaign, and lets others join in and do whatever the campaign organisers (you) request of them.

I was looking for such a site earlier, but surprisingly, there's nothing out there. Plenty of petition sites, but nothing really that helps you organise your own campaigns - well I couldn't see any anyway

If it does interest you - what might you use it for?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 10:59 PM

Re: Would you be interested in a campaigning site?

I think it would be an excellent idea. People feel so impotent about the way things are going and it would be a good way for people to put across their anxiety/disappointment/worry/etc rather than the daunting task of having to face authorities on their own.

I suppose it would depend on how it's operated - if it's a bit like a Patients Reresentative Group or a Tenants Association type thing, I imagine it would be quite popular once it is known about.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 07:47 AM

I'm in two such campaigning groups already - 38 degrees and Avaaz, so I'm not interested in joining another one.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 08:36 AM

If it does interest you - what might you use it for?

Wait till 5th November Azz matey and I'll seek help with planting a few pounds of Semtex.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 09:09 AM

I've always managed to find plenty of campaigns to join about things I am worried about, people are already running them. With the internet and google etc so many people are campaigning I just look to join their efforts.

Too many people starting campaigns already really it dilutes the effect you can have if there is one nationwide one you have much more chance of being heard lots of little ones do very good because people won't listen to just a few voices.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 09:24 AM

Like UJ. ive used 38 degrees so they do exist, not sure what will be different about yours Azz.

Sorry UJ that should have read. Like Alan Cooke,must take time when relying to freds
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 12:08 PM

It seems that people tend to use facebook and other such sites for campaigns. Not sure how effective they are, though.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 01:49 PM

Whoa ~ misread that Azz

Thought it said 'Camping Site'
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Whoa ~ misread that Azz

@ Rachel!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Whoa ~ misread that Azz

I'm misreading things a lot lately meself !
Do you think its the 'tipple' syndrome again !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top