Join for free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 06:22 PM

Saying I love you

To my wife and I, saying "I love you" on a daily basis is quite normal.

We text each other when I'm at work during my lunch break and the other day someone was there when I texted "CUL8r, Luv U XXX" and he thought that was so funny!

Apart from the fact that he nearly got a swift poke in the feckin' eye for being so b****y nosy, I was not best pleased that he read my text over my shoulder!

Do you feel it's perfectly normal to say "I love you" to your wife / husband / partner, even on a daily basis? stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 06:25 PM

Re: Saying I love you

Yes I would say its important Steve - maybe we dont use those exact words everyday, but we say nice things to each other and a 'smile' says a lot too.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 06:26 PM

Used too Steve, we both left notes in our work bags as a surprise for each other.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 06:32 PM

Yes we say it at least once a day and when either of us annoy the other we remind each other it's not important by ending with but we really love each other and usually a laugh.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 06:48 PM

Never .... not on a daily or even yearly basis

We very rarely said it ... only under duress I think

These 'intangibles' are hard for some of us to cope with, but as I become more mature (grown up) I begin to realize that they do not need to be absolute

I can tell my cats that I love them ~ no problem ~ this is unconditional
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 07:25 PM

Steve, I am happy to tell my wife that I love her, but if I sent her a text, I love her enough to take the time to write it in English !
I ignore any message written in 'Text speak'.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 07:28 PM

Words - smiles - definately keep a marriage bond strong .....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 07:35 PM

Hubby and I say it to each other all the time
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 07:37 PM

Never been comfortable with saying such a thing and still ain't. I'm a plain speaker and don't say such words unless I absolutely mean them, and to be honest with you I never am sure I 'mean it'. I back off from uttering such words out of consideration really. Why? For one thing - gullible women! Always annoys the hell out of me when I read stories about women being fleeced for one thing or another. What do they invariably say ... 'but he said he loved me' . Sheesh.

I only utter such words when on the edge of a nervous breakdown or about to fall face down after imbibing too much grog. Nah, thems words ain't for me - too powerful, hurtful and false more often than not. But if you are sure of them then why not use them? Seems ok to me. This long term bachelor has a conscience though ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-01-2014, 07:41 PM

I agree about gullable women - gets me goat too - you 'cant' love someone till you 'really' know them.
In a marriage it is important to say how you feel - reassures both, gives a feeling of security and confidence in a marriage, as it should be.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top