Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 06:39 PM

Animal Testing

Should it be banned? Completely? Or just in certain cases, such as cosmetics?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 06:50 PM

Re: Animal Testing

How can we even consider banning it if it could save a human life? So long as the experiments were humane it is acceptable.

However - I'm dead against it for cosmetic purposes.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 06:54 PM

Id love to say it should be banned but Im a coward I know I am and so I couldnt deny my child or my partner medicine that had been tested on an animal.

However I do think there should be much stricter controls and for cosmetic purposes it should be totally banned.
I have refused to use cosmetics that used animal testing for years. I stopped using Body Shop when they were bought out by LÓreal who were one of the last in Europe to give up animal testing.

Its also the reason I wont consider HRT the menopause is natural and wont kill me but the suffering of the horses used to produce the HRT gives me nightmares.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 07:05 PM

it should be banned on animals ,
indenial
Lincolnshire UK
indenial is female 

05-02-2016, 07:32 PM

I would like to see it banned. There must be other ways.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 07:42 PM

A point, do you just think it should be banned or are you active in avoiding animal tested products?

Are you as guilty if you donate to organisations who test on animals as you are if you take the medication? ie a gift to cancer research..

Could you let a loved one die in order to back up your belief about non animal testing?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
A point, do you just think it should be banned or are you active in avoiding animal tested products?

Are you as guilty if you donate to organisations who test on animals as you are if you take the medication? ie a gift to cancer research..

Could you let a loved one die in order to back up your belief about non animal testing?
I would prefer testing be done on humans , Peadofiles maybe ..
Humans are used for some testing anyway why not all..
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 09:09 PM

I don't see how we can avoid testing on animals, much as I am against it, but for cosmetics there has to be a better way.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:16 AM

Talking of animal testing - they've been experimenting on mice to create "an elixir of youth."
QUOTE: Genetically modifying mice to kill of defective old "senescent" cells, extended their lives by up to 35%. Their hearts and kidneys functioned better and they developed fewer tumours." UNQUOTE.

Dr. Darren Baker, of the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, sadi the results could have "profound impacts on health and lifespan" for humans.

I can't help but wonder if rich celebs will one day be paying for this treatment, along with the botox and plastic surgery.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 01:46 AM

I think testing could be better done on criminals .
animals are innocent.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top