Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:26 AM

What do you do with your trolley after a shop

Just a bit of fun, I think.

A test which claims to definitively determine whether someone is a good or bad person has gone viral online.

The ‘shopping trolley theory’ says that whether someone returns their shopping trolley when there is no punishment or reward shows whether they have the ability to ‘self-govern.’

“A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with law and the force that stands behind it,” it says.

Pushing it in a straight line a real challenge.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:28 AM

Re: What do you do with your trolley after a shop

I have been known to take my trolly home, if there is to much shopping.
Always ask for permission first.
I always return it though.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:31 AM

I return it to its proper place, take out my wee coin token, wipe it down, make sure its all lined up properly, then leave it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:33 AM

Never use a supermarket trolley - that nice Mr Sainsbury delivers - or - I take my own.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Just a bit of fun, I think.

A test which claims to definitively determine whether someone is a good or bad person has gone viral online.

The ‘shopping trolley theory’ says that whether someone returns their shopping trolley when there is no punishment or reward shows whether they have the ability to ‘self-govern.’

“A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage who can only be made to do what is right by threatening them with law and the force that stands behind it,” it says.

Pushing it in a straight line a real challenge.

Some people have this all sorted, as Michael McIntyre demonstrates 1 minute 50 seconds in:

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:47 AM

Return it to get the Pound back. I have thought about going out of my way to throw it into the nearest ditch, pond or river (a popular thing to do) but this seems like too much trouble to me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:47 AM

Never use a trolley, always use a basket which I leave on the counter at the self service checkout; actually the girl usually whips it away before I have finished paying as she waits to disinfect the terminal.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:52 AM

If there is a canal closer than the trolley parking area that's where it goes in Brum
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:59 AM

I always put mine in one of the trolley shelters. I think l would feel guilty if l didn’t!
We don’t have to put a coin in trolleys at all.

Don’t you just hate those trolleys with a wonky, or noisy wheel!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:06 AM

I find it easier to pull them,they are impossible to push when full.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top