Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 04:45 PM

Farrow And Ball

Paint....anyone used it?

I’m thinking about changing the colour of my walls...

I fancy a more modern colour...
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 04:47 PM

Re: Farrow And Ball

Pauline, my daughter has used it in her home. She recommends it and it has a lovely selection of colours. Let me know what you decide on.

Incidentally on TV tonight there is a programme featuring the F & B factory.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Pauline, my daughter has used it in her home. She recommends it and it has a lovely selection of colours. Let me know what you decide on.

Incidentally on TV tonight there is a programme featuring the F & B factory.

I’ve read great reviews about their paint LT... I must keep up with these youngsters and their colours,

It’s very expensive but worth every penny i here.

I don’t have a tv license, but I can go check them out on YouTube,
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 04:53 PM

I read a very good article about F & B by Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen and he slams them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-07-2021, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I read a very good article about F & B by Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen and he slams them.

Um, I’m not worried what he thinks...as an interior designer...I think he’s rubbish...I’ve bought his stuff....never ever again.....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I’ve read great reviews about their paint LT... I must keep up with these youngsters and their colours.

I don’t have a tv license, but I can go check them out on YouTube.
Their website has a colour chart but that does depend on your screen being calibrated for colour accuracy. Your screen is displayed using RGB (red, green, blue) which may not accurately display colours as shown in their chart.

https://www.farrow-ball.com/paint-colours

They seem to be coy about their prices, I couldn't find any unless of course these are only displayed on placing an order.

If you want a specific colour or colours then these are available mixed for you at most DIY stores.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 05:02 PM

Hi

Paint is chemistry 6th form stuff

You would be amazed as to who makes what and the price difference.u

The power of Advertising is amazing.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Their website has a colour chart but that does depend on your screen being calibrated for colour accuracy. Your screen is displayed using RGB (red, green, blue) which may not accurately display colours as shown in their chart.

https://www.farrow-ball.com/paint-colours

They seem to be coy about their prices, I couldn't find any unless of course these are only displayed on placing an order.

If you want a specific colour or colours then these are available mixed for you at most DIY stores.
If you have to ask the price - you can't afford it. (£28 for a tin of white paint) I'm happy with Dulux. Or getting B&Q to mix up a colour for me.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I’ve read great reviews about their paint LT... I must keep up with these youngsters and their colours,

I don’t have a tv license, but I can go check them out on YouTube,
Oooer ! I thought it was gonna be a farming thread Pauline ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
If you have to ask the price - you can't afford it. (£28 for a tin of white paint) I'm happy with Dulux. Or getting B&Q to mix up a colour for me.
I could afford it but whether I am prepared to pay that amount for a tin of paint is another matter. Like you I am happy with Dulux or any make where colours can be colour-matched. I wasn't too happy with Dulux white at one time as it 'yellowed', that was well-known apparently and something I understand has now been fixed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top