Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:45 PM

Re: Interested in egyptology ???

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Oh, ok. For an American, British humor often goes right over our heads.
I’m not British. But I agree, their humour can be slightly dry at times…
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 06:55 PM

I would love to hear from anyone who has read, or who will soon be reading "The Secret of the Great Pyramid". Perhaps start a new discussion ?

Now that I have read the book, I wish that I could re-visit the Great Pyramid and spend some more time deep inside it. There are so many details that I just didn't know about during my visit. Most especially, I'd spend more time examining the "robbers tunnel".
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 10:49 PM

I have ordered the book from Amazon, Bakerman, will be here on Saturday.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have ordered the book from Amazon, Bakerman, will be here on Saturday.
After you have read it, I'd love to discuss it with you.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
After you have read it, I'd love to discuss it with you.
I'll look forward to that!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

17-07-2021, 06:33 PM

Bakerman - Amazon have just delivered my book - had a quick look at the many interesting photos/diagrams/maps etc., Now that it is a little cooler I am going to open a bottle of Claret - curl up on the sofa with the cats - and enjoy a good read!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
I’m not British. But I agree, their humour can be slightly dry at times…
Our humour is self-deprecating, sometimes cruel but by and large we don't take ourselves too seriously, which could appear strange to non-British.
bakerman
Mexico

18-07-2021, 10:09 PM

[QUOTE=Silver Tabby;2129053]Bakerman - Amazon have just delivered my book - had a quick look at the many interesting photos/diagrams/maps etc., Now that it is a little cooler I am going to open a bottle of Claret - curl up on the sofa with the cats - and enjoy a good read.

Tabby, I hope you are enjoying the book as much as I did. Looking forward to a discussion.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

18-07-2021, 10:42 PM

I really am enjoying it, Bakerman - about half way now. Normally I would have finished it by now - but - this infernal heatwave is stultifying my concentration - so - progressing little and often! The author has such a lovely simple way of writing - everything is completely explained and understandable - it is a joy to read. Had not realised there were quite so many pyramids out there - see - I am learning already!!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:02 AM

I've just watched a TV program about Egyptian archaeology which I came across purely by chance and it brought back memories from 1962, when I walked up one of those internal passages in the Great pyramid. I wonder if they still let visitors do that? I'll look out for that book Bakerman.
At least I got to ride a camel!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top