Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 08:38 AM

The Lazy British People

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15594274

We wonder why the country is in a bad way! well this shows what a lazy bunch of people this country has now and we are depending on them to get us out of a hole dug by Labour.

The worst decision made in Parliament was self certified sick laws. Lazy people just call in sick and there is nothing that the employer can do about it.
This is why this country is known as @The lazy British People'.

The privste sector(who shout the most) are the wrost.
Why the heck can people not just give up moaning and groaning and get on with life.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 11:53 AM

Re: The Lazy British People

I worked for Intel Corporation for the last 5 years of my work career before retirement. I had put in 42 years of work all together and never saw such a lazy generation as those who were my fellow employees. We worked 12 hour shifts that gave us literally 1/2 the year off. That's not including the 2-3 weeks of paid holiday, 1 week of paid holidays and 2 weeks of paid sick/personal time.

What upset me was the attitude the employees had that caused them to steal much more from the company. Out of a 12 hour workday they would steal as much as 8 hours and simply go home, babysit the kids or do whatever they wished. That's outright theft in my book. Management just looked the other way.

I had an old fashioned work ethic that kept me at the plant the full 12 hours they were paying me. Our society is corrupt and in decline, ripe for a takeover. Our present financial crisis is a result of this lazy attitude where employers simply don't need lazy employees. That's why there's such a huge deficit of jobs now.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15594274

We wonder why the country is in a bad way! well this shows what a lazy bunch of people this country has now and we are depending on them to get us out of a hole dug by Labour.

The worst decision made in Parliament was self certified sick laws. Lazy people just call in sick and there is nothing that the employer can do about it.
This is why this country is known as @The lazy British People'.

The privste sector(who shout the most) are the wrost.
Why the heck can people not just give up moaning and groaning and get on with life.
As a matter of interest, Self-certification of illness was brought in during John Major's premiiership because he was then able to reduce the number of civil servants employed in the Department of (what is now called) Work and Pension.

Furthermore, since you seem so dissatisfied with this country there is always the freedom to emigrate.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 04:48 PM

Where I work they have brought in that we are only allowed three seperate instances of sicknesses in a twelve month period to try to prevent people from constantly taking time off. Not sure if it will work, all it seems to achieve is that the managers are wasting time on sickness meetings with employees.

I work nights and what seems to happen with some people is that they have day jobs and sign on for bank work then turn up and just hope they can sleep all night. I have tried to complain to my night manager and I am told I have to prove they are asleep on duty. As I work alone with the other person I would have to take a photo of them asleep, obviously the flash would wake them and as they are usually, (large) men and it would still be their word against mine that they werent on their break when I took the photo I am not going to risk it. Its a laugh, it really is.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2011, 07:50 PM

Do you think its not everybodies fault, I have heard people say that all the jobs are being taken by foreigners for a lot less wages so whats the point ofeven trying to get a job.I dont agree with that but i cansee where they are coming from.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
As a matter of interest, Self-certification of illness was brought in during John Major's premiiership because he was then able to reduce the number of civil servants employed in the Department of (what is now called) Work and Pension.

Furthermore, since you seem so dissatisfied with this country there is always the freedom to emigrate.
I see that you agree with the lazy people taking time off work for no reason.

1,000,000 days of wages which were paid for by the taxpayer and nothing in return in my opinion is not good for the country.

I am not dissatisfied with the country, just union bosses, politicians and the bone idle people who take time of work so easily.
But then again, I am a free thinker not a Marxist.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2011, 08:53 AM

Karl Marx WAS a free-thinker - which is why he was so persecuted both in own country (Germany) and here too. Marx's predictions of the crises in capitalism are now coming all too true.

I do not support your contention of so-called 'lazy' people taking time off work, I was merely pointing out that the changes to the medical certificate system occurred during John Major's premiership. If people are not fit to work through illness or incapacity, then since a lot of that illness is CAUSED by the working conditions that some employees have to suffer then it is right that they require time away from their employment in order to recover and regain their fitness.

Just as a matter of interest, if it wasn't for the Trade Union movement, we would even now be under a Fascist dictatorship - but then perhaps you would be applaud that, I, on the other hand prefer my freedom from such Fascist policies.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

07-11-2011, 02:37 PM

' Karl Marx WAS a free-thinker - which is why he was so persecuted both in own country (Germany) and here too. Marx's predictions of the crises in capitalism are now coming all too true. '

Yes he was a free thinker and I am sure that anyone making any predictions could have them come true if you wait 150yrs.

I dont think Marx meant in 150years time when he made his predictions.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 01:15 AM

my brother is lazy he only works part time and has done for years
cleaning
he says you get more monny on the dole than he does pay
witch is realy sad hes not into work at all

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top