Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 08:37 AM

Re: Boris' deadline passed!!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why isn't the EU Japan Deal a FTA?

It is registered as such with the WTO.

Our proposed deal with Japan also contains a phased reduction in Tariffs, in the case of cars, to 2026, the same as the Japan EU Deal.

We are already part of the EU Japan Deal until the end of the year, when we are not.

I may have got it wrong, but my understanding was that our aim was to replicate the EU Japan Deal by the end of transition in order that we did not disadvantage our exporters.

It is reported that progress is stuck because we are insisting on exporting more Stilton to Japan than they want.

This seems to be stupid to me.

Our trade deal with Japan goes way further than the EU one. I could give you the details but I can't be bothered. I've already posted about regional protection (stilton cheese,) and I was wasting my time with that too.

The Japan FTA isn't an FTA either.. as your Dutch friend found out.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 01:28 PM

Re: Boris' deadline passed!!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why isn't the EU Japan Deal a FTA?

It is registered as such with the WTO.

Our proposed deal with Japan also contains a phased reduction in Tariffs, in the case of cars, to 2026, the same as the Japan EU Deal.

We are already part of the EU Japan Deal until the end of the year, when we are not.

I may have got it wrong, but my understanding was that our aim was to replicate the EU Japan Deal by the end of transition in order that we did not disadvantage our exporters.

It is reported that progress is stuck because we are insisting on exporting more Stilton to Japan than they want.

This seems to be stupid to me.

This is a correct rendition of the facts. Bread is just gabbling from desperation.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top