Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 03:44 PM

Downloading software

Four years after divorcing my geek, I now find the copies of various bits of software he apparently provided do not work...........OR.....I don't know how to install them!

Two specific programmes are: Ulead PhotoImpact and Macomedia/Dreamweaver

I'm installing to a Windows 8, 64-bit laptop PC

Any advice?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 03:47 PM

Re: Downloading software

'Don't work' implies they are installed, so not sure what you are on about there.

'Install'? Well normally you shove the DVD / CD in the tray and viola in autoruns. Don't they do that?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 03:52 PM

Oh, wait a min. These are programs already on the computer - or he downloaded? Different ball game then. Not sure I have the energy to explain all the various options either lol.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 04:34 PM

I believe the Ulead PhotoImpact Photo editing has been discontinued for years. If that is the one you want.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 05:42 PM

I've got them both on separate CD's. Stick the CD in for photoimpact and double click on one of the six files - none of them .exe and it looks as though it will start installing.....then everything gets very stuck!
As for Dreamweaver - it asks for a number, which I type in, then nothing!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 05:48 PM

They sound obscure programs Lindy, I know Dreamweaver is for building websites, but what do you use them for....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 06:00 PM

I have this program

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

have a go at the free professional trial version. it gets rid of all stuff left in registery as well. i is about the best I know of

Remember also if doing an upgrade some programs may not work anyway . for example from XP to Windows 7 64bit version. I found that out very quickly, even running as a backward compatible does not always work

I found when I went to windows 7 I had to virtually replace most programs

presumably what you found were on disc? you didn't say.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

13-01-2015, 06:04 PM

I've just managed to install photoimpact - which I use only to resize images for printing.
Dreamweaver - I have a website I built some years ago and I now need to transfer all my files from my desktop to my laptop and will need Dreamweaver again to manage my website.

There are some computer things I can do, and some I can't!!!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

13-01-2015, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I've just managed to install photoimpact - which I use only to resize images for printing.
Dreamweaver - I have a website I built some years ago and I now need to transfer all my files from my desktop to my laptop and will need Dreamweaver again to manage my website.

There are some computer things I can do, and some I can't!!!
PIXResizer is brilliant for resizing photos - and FREE!

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

As for website work I just use notepad mainly.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
PIXResizer is brilliant for resizing photos - and FREE!

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

As for website work I just use notepad mainly.
I use light image resizer4 which is also free

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top