Join for free
Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:14 AM

Re: I may end up with another cat!

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well done Twink, you have worked wonders with Mr Grey to get him to this stage.

Will he mix with your other cats?
He gets on fine with Tammy & Kit, but Rudi, the one who has asthma, doesn't even know that Mr Grey lives here yet!
Mr Grey has access to my study, the kitchen, dining room utility room & the back hall where the backdoor and the cat flap are!
The others have the front hall, lounge and all the upstairs, because they are kept in at night, but Kit & Tammy are allowed to go into the garden in the day.
Rudi seems to be happy as an indoor cat as pollen aggravates his asthma, but I still have to deal with introducing him to Mr Grey!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:16 AM

Twink I am so glad My Grey found his way to your house and a new life .

With any rescue animal dog or cat tiny steps and patience can lead to huge rewards . Once they learn I wish you no harm, take your time you can trust me they progress at speed.

I hope Mr Grey is with you for many years
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:20 AM

What a lovely story, Twink, I really hope he settles with you and your other cats!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Some of you may remember me taking in a feral cat that had fractured his leg, back in July 2020 so I thought I would update you on his progress.

It hasn't been an easy task & it has taken much patience to win his trust. The RSPCA & myself now think that his fracture may have been caused by somebody kicking him, as it wasn't a serious fracture as it healed withing a couple of weeks.

Mr Grey is now a permanent resident who is in his bed by 9pm and stays in till I get up around 6.30 am. He then has breakfast so I have mine in my study, where he comes to join me every morning.
I have a rubber brush, to remove excess hair from my other cats, so as he was rubbing against my legs & turning all my trousers into grey fluffy ones, I thought I would try the brush.... at this point I had never been able to stroke him so expected a few scratches.

After a week he has decided that this brush is wonderful & now sits by my desk chair every morning, so I can give him a good brushing. Cats tend to drool when they are happy, and this morning he drooled for the very first time & purred constantly while being brushed.
It is now 9.30 am and he hasn't left my side since breakfast at 7 am......so I now think he will remain a permanent resident of my house.
That is a bigger joy than winning the lottery!
Good for you, Twinkle.
Taking in a homeless cat will ensure you a place in heaven.
I make a monthly contribution of £10 to the cat rescue place where we got our two cats a couple of years ago. They do an excellent job and, I believe, also have them 'snipped' to avoid them procreating.

That's true (the emboldened words). When our cats come into our bedroom in the morning (after we have opened the door), one of them at least always slavers whilst padding around on our bed. Fortunately, she usually heads towards Marge.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:52 AM

Thanks for all your good wishes.

Message from Mr Grey to all OFF members!

Please keep Twink chatting every morning , because it means she stays at her computer & I can sit by her feet for longer!

It is now 10.50 and he has been with me since 7 this morning!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 11:54 AM

Good for you Twink
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

05-03-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Good for you Twink
Thank you!
I always think that animals are just like babies because they let you know they have a need, but can't tell you what their need is!
I am sure every mother must have heaved a sigh of relief when they have found what their baby needed, but I am now discovering the changes in Mr Greys behavior and, as all mum know, that is when your understanding of their needs gets better!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 09:58 AM

I'm so pleased for you both Twinks I was just thinking about Mr Grey the other day wondering how he was I'm glad he has settled in so well
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

06-03-2021, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm so pleased for you both Twinks I was just thinking about Mr Grey the other day wondering how he was I'm glad he has settled in so well
Thanks Summer! He is a very strange cat because he lets me brush & comb him, tickle his ears, but if I walk past him he is terrified & tries to run away. That is why we think his injured leg may have been caused by a kick, rather than a car.
He wants to spend all his time with me, but when I have visitors he acts like aliens have landed!
I think this may mean a further year, or so, to teach him that he is always safe here!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good for you, Twinkle.
Taking in a homeless cat will ensure you a place in heaven.
I make a monthly contribution of £10 to the cat rescue place where we got our two cats a couple of years ago. They do an excellent job and, I believe, also have them 'snipped' to avoid them procreating.

That's true (the emboldened words). When our cats come into our bedroom in the morning (after we have opened the door), one of them at least always slavers whilst padding around on our bed. Fortunately, she usually heads towards Marge.
Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thanks Summer! He is a very strange cat because he lets me brush & comb him, tickle his ears, but if I walk past him he is terrified & tries to run away. That is why we think his injured leg may have been caused by a kick, rather than a car.
He wants to spend all his time with me, but when I have visitors he acts like aliens have landed!
I think this may mean a further year, or so, to teach him that he is always safe here!
You are probably right about the kick...I wonder what happened to him we will never know for sure....but he landed on his feet finding you

Page 9 of 11 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top