Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 09:54 PM

Re: Ouch

Originally Posted by macywack ->
don't forget to put on your best "in agony" face for the best possible sympathy from Mrs P, have to work it when we can m8
Tried that macy..no sympathy from Mrs, p,
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Ouch! ouch! Primus!

That's going to be sore for a few days.

I sorry but I had to laugh at the part of your post where you said it was "big enough to see it disappear down the sink" ..... I can just imagine it swirling down the plughole. (oops sorry, I shouldn't laugh!).
I know mags, good job it was too small to be sewn back on, or I’d be taking the drain to bits
Primus1
York

13-03-2021, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That is one huge OUCH, Primus! Did you stay upright? I would fainted right there and then if it were me Hope it grows back...keep it clean, and stay brave
Fortunately, I don’t feint at anything like that, I’ve had loads of cuts to my hands dealing with razor sharp panels on washing machines, and dryers over the years
Primus1
York

13-03-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Primus, My feet went berserk when l read about you slicing your thumb.
I hope you’re ok. Even though, you’re a toughie, it’s still a shock to your system.
Keep it clean!
Thanks art, I also did a little dance the thumb clutching one
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Preparing tonight’s tea, just soup and crusty rolls, my job was to slice and butter said rolls, all going well until roll number 3, then it happened, I sliced the tip of my thumb off, not a massive bit I grant you, but big enough to see it disappear down the sink, and the blood, dripping all over, ( ok it was a few drops) but it don’t half sting, I suppose I’ll have a little delve in my thumb forevermore, and worse still, were low on plasters...
Ouch indeed, Primus. Hope it heals up soon.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 10:29 PM

Big ouch Primus! You had one job to do!
I suppose you won’t be getting any severance pay
Primus1
York

13-03-2021, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Big ouch Primus! You had one job to do!
I suppose you won’t be getting any severance pay
Groan....
Primus1
York

13-03-2021, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ouch indeed, Primus. Hope it heals up soon.
Thanks tabs, I’ve done this before, in fact too many times really, but it’s the first time I’ve ever cut anything off....!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 10:45 PM

I also learned this lesson the hard way, how not to cut rolls. Standing one upright the bread knife slipped, and cut the first finger of my left hand. Cue a phone call to mum, her boss came and got me and took me to hospital, where it had steri strips applied. I now lay rolls flat and apply the bread knife horizontally.

This happened 40-45 years ago, maybe more.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 11:06 PM

Just so you can remember what a proper thumb looks like Primus.....
Seriously though.....In my experience that's a bad place to hurt and will take some time to heal ...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top