Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 07:10 PM

What a bloody farce

As you know I work in a care home, back in January we all had the Pfizer vaccine, this was the 8th of jan, we have a couple of weeks before we hit the 12 week deadline for our second injection, the manager contacted the surgery today and was told they don’t know when the next batch will be available or how much they will get, the advice is to contact your gp, one staff member tried this today, when she eventually got through they couldn’t help her, neither could the nhs helpline she was advised to call, if we’re able to book an appointment and get a jab at the walk in place there’s no guarantee we’ll get the Pfizer, I don’t fancy being a guinea pig by having both, what’s the point of vaccinating half the population, if they can’t do the follow up in the recommended time, just to boost the figures and make the government look good....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 08:16 PM

Re: What a bloody farce

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
As you know I work in a care home, back in January we all had the Pfizer vaccine, this was the 8th of jan, we have a couple of weeks before we hit the 12 week deadline for our second injection, the manager contacted the surgery today and was told they don’t know when the next batch will be available or how much they will get, the advice is to contact your gp, one staff member tried this today, when she eventually got through they couldn’t help her, neither could the nhs helpline she was advised to call, if we’re able to book an appointment and get a jab at the walk in place there’s no guarantee we’ll get the Pfizer, I don’t fancy being a guinea pig by having both, what’s the point of vaccinating half the population, if they can’t do the follow up in the recommended time, just to boost the figures and make the government look good....
I don't know.

Like you, I had the Pfizer jab in January and I'm beginning to wonder about the second jab. I'm trying not to think too hard about it as the goal posts get moved we're all in the dark.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 08:19 PM

I had my first Pfizer jab 9th Jan ..... had phone call today offering the 2nd jab this coming Saturday.

I expect yours could come anyway soon now.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 08:29 PM

Yes I see what you mean ...

The general advice till now is ... don't contact your GP, wait to hear from them.

I wouldn't worry about the 12 week deadline as I don't believe it has any true meaning.

But healthcare workers workers passing the buck is unforgivable.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 08:36 PM

I got my first Astra Zeneca vaccine on 16th January. I get my second on the 27th March, exactly 10 weeks apart. Pfizer vaccine is probably more difficult to distribute and store.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 08:54 PM

My neighbour who is 88yrs old and had her first phiza jab at the same time as us about 2 and abit months ago, received her call for the second jab yesterday, she goes to get it on Thursday!!
So l look forward to getting the call soon too ?

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top