Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 10:50 AM

Re: Guardian Angels

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Yes I totally believe in Guardian angels, ghosts, paranormal activity.
I am with you autumncolour I believe in all of these, as I have had so many experiences of having loved ones coming to give me strength when needed.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 10:53 AM

Honey that sounds so wonderful for you.

Its funny how until we have an experience of this nature we are so unbelieving but once it happens wow.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 11:21 AM

I think that when something strange happens that you don't understand, your brain tries to associate it with something that you have heard of - message from a dead relative, guardian angel etcc. I don't think this in anyway proves the existance of these things, simply your brain trying to make sense of it all.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I think that when something strange happens that you don't understand, your brain tries to associate it with something that you have heard of - message from a dead relative, guardian angel etcc. I don't think this in anyway proves the existance of these things, simply your brain trying to make sense of it all.
I guess 'you' have to experience it - otherwise you have no idea of what we are saying or experiencing ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 01:49 PM

Yes I do believe we all have someone or something looking out for us, left entirely to our own devices we would have blown ourselves off the planet ages ago, greedy lot that we are. No the human is not be be trusted when left alone, he needs supernatural supervision, for starters he thinks too much, wants to know everything and starts to get annoyed when he can’t figure out the big picture, then he gets confused and starts to make up his own answers to things he knows nothing about, yes someone always has to keep an eye on him, makes perfect sense to me.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 01:57 PM

If you believe in guardian angels, do you feel 'weirded out' that they can see everything you're doing, day in & day out?
I don't believe in guardian angels, well not since I was about 8 years old.
I think that people do have some unexplained experiences as Honey said especially after a bereavement or during a time of great stress.
I have felt the presence of someone who had died very strongly myself and though that they must be near but as time went on I wondered whether that is our very complex brain easing the burden of bereavement and ensuring that it does not result in severe depression or a break down.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes I do believe we all have someone or something looking out for us, left entirely to our own devices we would have blown ourselves off the planet ages ago, greedy lot that we are. No the human is not be be trusted when left alone, he needs supernatural supervision, for starters he thinks too much, wants to know everything and starts to get annoyed when he can’t figure out the big picture, then he gets confused and starts to make up his to things he knows nothing about, yes someone always has to keep an eye on him, makes perfect sense to me.
And if all else fails, you sneak out on the wife for a pint of Guinness
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
we can never actually prove the existence of such a nature but then nor can we disprove them either.

In my case I remain open minded though it was a wonderful experience which I'd love to feel again, I can only accept it really happened, I wasn't dreaming so it's something that no one can ever explain and I have to accept that fact
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 07:29 PM

And if all else fails, you sneak out on the wife for a pint of Guinness
Exactly AC, she’s a hard taskmaster, and as this is the first time out in over a week it will be a special occasion for me, I’ll be having an ‘Out of House’ experience and I’ll be seeing things from above when I get home, probably flying pots and pans, just hope my guardian angel comes to the rescue.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 07:36 PM

Ha ha ha that's rich Jem! You go boy!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top