Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 05:08 PM

Re: Tiredness.

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
It didn't work for me Patsy. They say a lettuce sandwich works, but that didn't either. You never know though Patsy a nana may work for someone.
Typical - what about hot chocolate
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Typical - what about hot chocolate
I've tried everything Patsy, even had a consultation with a doctor at a sleep clinic - through my work's private health insurance!! I couldn't afford that sort of thing !! I thought they may keep me in and monitor me, no such thing, just had 'talks' over Skype, with someone that appeared to be a sort of life coach. Waste of time !!

Very 'bad' food can give me a couple of hours sleep - sort of all comotose, but it has to be in such an amount and full of calories, that I would put on weight, and that only works for so long.

I've tried alcohol, even Night Nurse !! Oh and Turkey sandwiches before bed too!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 05:19 PM

Theres no hope for us then - I've tried all sorts too !
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 05:20 PM

Theres no hope for us then - I've tried all sorts too !
You have trouble sleeping too Patsy?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2014, 05:21 PM

You have trouble sleeping too Patsy?
Oh yes I'm the pillow and mattress gal, remember
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 05:27 PM

I'm often unable to sleep through at night, so can be a bit irritable but if I have several bad nights mixed in with a few late nights, I start to feel sick and really cold - an awful feeling.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

31-12-2014, 05:30 PM

Oh yes I'm the pillow and mattress gal, remember
Of course !! Sorry Patsy, joining the Forum is like starting a new job - all these names !!

Is it just the pillows and mattress that keep you awake?

I've always had problems sleeping, even as far back as 5 years old. My early teens were bad too, seemed to get better in my twenties/thirties, but then forties onwards, downhill all the way !! Not helped meeting a musician in my early forties, who would often come home at 3.00 in the morning, and once I was distrubed that was it !! I can sometimes go 3/4 days without a wink of sleep. I worked like that for years and then suddenly after a particulary stressful period at work, I would go 5/6 days without sleep. That's when I had to retire, I couldn't function. Thought once I gave up work, I'd be ok, but unfortunately not !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2014, 05:37 PM

If I drink coffee it makes me sleepy. Folk don't believe me, but it does. They say it makes them feel the opposite

It's a shame you can't take a wee glass of wine and fall asleep. That works for me sometimes.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

31-12-2014, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
If I drink coffee it makes me sleepy. Folk don't believe me, but it does. They say it makes them feel the opposite

It's a shame you can't take a wee glass of wine and fall asleep. That works for me sometimes.
I'm not keen on wine or spirits, but found this summer that I do rather like Budweiser - can't get Super Bock in this country. Even 4 of the 330ml bottles didn't do the trick !! Never mind, I enjoyed the experiment !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

31-12-2014, 06:04 PM

Of course !! Sorry Patsy, joining the Forum is like starting a new job - all these names !!

Is it just the pillows and mattress that keep you awake?

I've always had problems sleeping, even as far back as 5 years old. My early teens were bad too, seemed to get better in my twenties/thirties, but then forties onwards, downhill all the way !! Not helped meeting a musician in my early forties, who would often come home at 3.00 in the morning, and once I was distrubed that was it !! I can sometimes go 3/4 days without a wink of sleep. I worked like that for years and then suddenly after a particulary stressful period at work, I would go 5/6 days without sleep. That's when I had to retire, I couldn't function. Thought once I gave up work, I'd be ok, but unfortunately not !
I would get 'more' sleep if those were sorted - doubt I will ever get quality sleep due to pain but, if I could get off fairly quickly it would help - if I don't I'm too aware of problems then the ol brain starts and its no good - as you are probably aware .......

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top