Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 02:00 PM

Re: The Great British checkout operator!

Soon checkout operators will be a thing of the past and only found in museums!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Yes,hats off to all the checkout Girls/Boys,I've never met a surly or cranky One yet.
That's because the Scottish are so chilled out and the Crankies are usually in Panto or touring the Butlin's circuit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Spare a thought for these stalwarts of public life. Working for a menial sum by scanning your cat food and heavy cases of Stella, packing your bags, putting up with your inane chit chat and being the subject of all kinds of verbal abuse.
They provide a great service.
We buy cat food regularly, of course, but I'd never ever buy that 'fizzy water' whatever the brand! I know that young people seem to like lager, but what do they know?

Incidentally, we always pack our own bags, even if those Brownies and things are there trying to do it for us: it saves a few coppers, after all.

Oh, and I never do inane chit-chat or verbal abuse, even on here! I prefer sarcasm for certain people here!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:24 PM

I always say a few friendly words to sales assistants and checkout operators, and they always seem to appreciate it and I enjoy making people smile
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:25 PM

I've just spat my coffee all over my nice new sofa,

Cheers.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I've just spat my coffee all over my nice new sofa,

Cheers.
It's just like fishin'
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-08-2016, 03:30 PM

Haha.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 03:38 PM

Last week we went 'live' with our Smart tills! . It's magic as it counts our money and spits back dud notes. Terry, take note!

They'll be Smart cameras next watching for those who don't pay for their fuel!! Again, Terry take note!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-08-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Last week we went 'live' with our Smart tills! . It's magic as it counts our money and spits back dud notes. Terry, take note!

They'll be Smart cameras next watching for those who don't pay for their fuel!! Again, Terry take note!
I know.....I put it in and the machine said "Terry.....take note"

"And don't try that again"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 04:05 PM

Why does it take sooooooooooo long for some people to get though a self checkout till? they don't seem to realise that every time you move an item around on the scales, it sees it as an unexpected item. There was a woman this morning with a full trolley load. Surely that's not the idea?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top