Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:03 AM

Re: Dogs who bite should be put down

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Ah! you dont believe that All life is precious then.
No of course not. The life of a rat isn't precious, for instance!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
Owners of pet rats would not agree with you, neither would the rat. I believe all life is precious although there are some members of the human race who don't deserve to live. I believe in Karma what goes around comes around.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
In your eyes it appears that any creature which you do not like has no right to life.

Every living creature on this planet has a purpose.
Every living creature on this planet has a right to life, it does not matter what others think, life is very precious.

I do not think that certain types of humans should be allowed to live, but they, no matter how bad they are, have a right to life and no-one has the right to take that life away. IMO.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:15 AM

Animals are not toys. Children need to be taught and supervised properly. Animals need to be trained and handled properly. Knee-jerk reactions are simply silly.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
In your eyes it appears that any creature which you do not like has no right to life.

Every living creature on this planet has a purpose.
Every living creature on this planet has a right to life, it does not matter what others think, life is very precious.

I do not think that certain types of humans should be allowed to live, but they, no matter how bad they are, have a right to life and no-one has the right to take that life away. IMO.
Well said AB
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 10:21 AM

Qetta quotes 'Not far from us is a sign, which is up almost all year around,"Sheep dog puppies for sale". Looking at the grotty enterance to the property concerned, with broken down rusty vehicles I am willing to bet the breeding dogs can't be in a very good state.'

Have you reported your concerns about this to the RSPCA or any other authority in your area yet? This might save any more poor wretched sheepdog puppies being born if that is the case here, or are you just going to carry on ignoring it?
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 11:19 AM

Although we seem to be getting off the original subject slightly, I agree all life is precious regardless - I can't kill anything and even rescued a fly out of the dogs water the other day and put it in the sun to dry (dogs water was renewed by the way). The fly survived. I believe all creatures on this earth are there for a purpose, even wasps who eat greenfly (presumably greenfly's purpose is food for wasps and birds). However, if an animal, mostly dogs, are really beyond training and a danger to one and all (which has usually been instilled into them by humans) then unfortunately we have no choice. Even the slugs and snails feed the hedgehogs - I have no slugs or snails but some very fat hedgehogs in my garden.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 11:30 AM

I don`t think it is off topic. The demand for animals to be killed if they frighten, hurt or offend us shows a lack of understanding that other species are not human or indeed sub-human. We share the planet.
We have domesticated certain species - but that doesn`t mean they have become hairy people. A goat will but you if you invade his field, a cow will trample you if you go near her calf, a horse will kick you if you startle it. And a dog will use its teeth if anxious, frightened or angry.
Our daily life is so separated from the natural world now that many people don`t know how to cope with animals. This is why the outcry is to `kill the dog`. That response is as pontless as saying all cars involved in accidents should be crushed.
I daily come across families with children who behave in the most dangerous way around my dogs. One small child ran up to them and screamed in their faces last week. When I said something, the mother said `she`s frightened of dogs`. No, she has the misfortune to have a stupid mother.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 11:32 AM

I think what I would say about whether all life is precious or not is this - all life has a valid reason to live and value in the scheme of things and is deserving of consideration and respect.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think what I would say about whether all life is precious or not is this - all life has a valid reason to live and value in the scheme of things and is deserving of consideration and respect.
I disagree, but there you go.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top