Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:41 PM

Re: C'mon, admit it! do you cook your own Yorkshire Puds or are they Aunt Bessie's?

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Anyhow how come they are Yorkshire puddings,they were known as Dripping Puddings and go back centuries in the North.
Because we were the first to get them to rise not like the glorified pancakes made elsewhere
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 10:49 PM

Re: C'mon, admit it! do you cook your own Yorkshire Puds or are they Aunt Bessie's?

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Because we were the first to get them to rise not like the glorified pancakes made elsewhere
Fibber, now you will be claiming your good at cricket.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
At the moment I cannot make my own (which I would normally do) nor use ready mades - my oven just dropped dead! Well, No, actually - the piezo ignition thingy has dropped dead and without it - due to stupid HSE rules - the gas supply is cut off, so I cannot even resort to matches - remember them? They never 'failed' or dropped dead!!
If anyone knows of a way to make Y/Puds on the hob - please let me know as I am having withdrawal symptoms !!

Do you have a gas hob?

If so, hold a ready made one in tongs and heat through in the flame

We often had to at work if we forgot to whack one in the oven for a roast dinner. Used to crisp up rolls the same way
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 11:50 PM

Bessie roasties - luvvly
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Do you have a gas hob?

If so, hold a ready made one in tongs and heat through in the flame

We often had to at work if we forgot to whack one in the oven for a roast dinner. Used to crisp up rolls the same way
Thanks Missy - I'll give that a try !
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:36 AM

I do both, but mostly i buy my Yorkshires at the supermarket and not necessary Aunt Bessies although they are nice

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top