Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 09:06 PM

Re: 'out of touch', ignorant MP

Taxing the really rich .......they pay their way....why penalize success?

Penalize those that don't pay, by all means.

I begrudge those that do drugs, smoke and drink to the detriment of others.

I gave up smoking and drink and sold my car so that I could feed my family when I started out.

It's no big deal, many have done the same.

When you have a choice of putting food in your children's bellies or buying a packet of cigs there really should be no contest.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It can be called poor choices but I'd say having been there myself but long before food banks a drink or a smoke sometimes is all you have and I don't begrudge anyone their little treat. It's funny how if anyone suggests taxing really rich people we are jealous but it feels to me some are just a tiny bit jealous of those who get money without working for it.
Not really Julie,

What boils my pee is how they bleat and moan they don't have enough, and times are hard, when they are smoking fags @ £8 a pack, buying crap fast food etc.

Notwithstanding the above, there are many out there who can work, but are professional bloody skivers.
And yes, it does pee me off my hard earned pays toward these people.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Not really Julie,

What boils my pee is how they bleat and moan they don't have enough, and times are hard, when they are smoking fags @ £8 a pack, buying crap fast food etc.

Notwithstanding the above, there are many out there who can work, but are professional bloody skivers.
And yes, it does pee me off my hard earned pays toward these people.
What about the workers who serve it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 11:24 PM

Having first noticed the name of the OP, somehow I just knew that the 'out of touch', ignorant MP was going to be a member of the SNP!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So now, not content with sanctioning those in receipt of benefit, you now want to dictate to those claimants what they can spend their meagre money they do receive on.

It would seem Hitler 's philosophy is alive and well!!!
Wow what a complete Klutz you are making of yourself in this thread UJ!

First you post about something of which you are clearly utterly clueless and then struggle to make further rational comment and resort to petty insults.

The foodbank system is extremely simple. Only the dim-witted would not understand it.

As I said, it caters for EMERGENCY situations only and helps people for a LIMITED period to cover their food during that emergency situation.

That's it, there is nothing more.

You seem to be suggesting that there ought to be some kind of free food system for simply anyone to use and for any length of time.

I'm afraid that's a total BS concept much like most Lying Loony Labour concepts.

If there are people saying they are starving and/or have no money for food, then that is indicative of a deeper problem that needs to be addressed

People ARE able to claim benefits under all manner of circumstances.

A part of those benefits or any other income must surely be expended on food for oneself and ones family. No-one should be getting free food . . . just because. That's a ridiculous concept.

The system is simple.

It helps those caught in emergency situations and it works well.

This stuff is all a bit too tricky for you I can tell. It's detail, fact, process. You're better at simple mindless belligerent and immature name calling, stick to that.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 12:00 AM

With regard to food banks, Trussell Trust UK food bank was set up in about 2004.

UK is not the only country with food banks, they are worldwide and in 2014 France and Germany had far more food banks than the UK.

France had twice as many food banks as the UK and Germany had 1.5 million people per week using them.

To my mind it has been another 'organised' and well 'orchestrated' very back handed way of forcing the general public to contribute to the countries needs.

We must also recognise that it progressed from food, and appeals were put out also for ladies toiletries, toothbrushes, soap, nappies and a lot more. It transpires that Trussell Trust also provides for overseas .

It was also disheartening when not so long ago, there were complaints made about too many tins of baked beans being supplied for the cause, and they would like more variety. Well, blow me ! When church going pensioners ( who provide a huge amount to this charity) dig into their pockets and give willingly (whatever it might be) to such a cause, for then to be told it's not good enough ,is downright rude.

Don't blame this present Government for all ills of our society, after all we had almost 15 yrs of Labour which left UK in a pretty bad state, but some people have very short memories .

We have fewer homes, because Mr Blair, pushed education and University , which is great in one way but folk were buying up whole streets of terraced houses where families would have lived , and renting them out to students. Then we had to accommodate 3 million migrants from the EU.
When everything seemed to be so bloody marvellous, it's all back fired big time and now we are still picking up the pieces .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 08:57 AM

Personally I blame everyone from Maggie thatcher to present day. It's awful the way we now treat people that have done nothing but become disabled or can't find a job
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So this is the the thinking of the scumbag 'nasty party'. That people who use food banks, do so due to a short-term cash flow crisis. Just how 'out of touch' and ignorant can these scumbag 'nasty party' members get???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7762476.html

You are pathetic, you really are!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 09:45 AM

It's funny those saying don't tax success no one seemed bothered when the less well off were denied benefits and taxed for having an extra bedroom. So take from the poor to give to the rich is ok but take from the rich to give to the poor isn't ? IMO it's about time they helped pay back the debts instead of expecting the poor to do it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2017, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's funny those saying don't tax success no one seemed bothered when the less well off were denied benefits and taxed for having an extra bedroom. So take from the poor to give to the rich is ok but take from the rich to give to the poor isn't ? IMO it's about time they helped pay back the debts instead of expecting the poor to do it.

What you must remember Julie darlin' is that all those who oppose food banks and begrudge paying more tax to support them are people who swallowed the 'Thatcher' (phth, phth, phth) philosophy "There is no such thing as society".

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top