Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 11:50 AM

Re: New Years Day Sunday

Good morning all and a happy new year. The sun is out now after a night of showers, still mild. My Daughter called in last night and hijacked the pair of us off to a party she was having for the neighbours, great night was had by one and all, arrived home the worst for wear at about 4.40.AM., so now I'm suffering for it.
Enjoy your day folks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
I almost forgot about that, thanks for reminding me Meg, for that is something I always do too - makes us sound very organised doesn't it!
Carmen that is because we are organised . I now go to online websites selling birthday cards and buy a whole lot . I live out in the countryside and this saves having to go out specially to get a card .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 01:13 PM

A very Happy New Year to you all!

Did anyone watch the firework display from London on TV last night? It was very impressive and the best I have seen.

Well, here we are starting a brand new year again, I wonder what it will hold for us? Good health is always top of the list, far more important than wealth.

We'll be spending a quiet day here just relaxing and tidying up after Christmas. I 'treated' myself to a new camera yesterday ...... it cost me nothing but my Sainsbury's Nectar points.

I hope all the poorly people are improving ..... and thinking of Eileen, I hope she is ok

Have an enjoyable day everyone!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 06:33 PM

Happy New Year everyone

Hope 2012 is a good year for everyone on here. We deserve it
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 06:44 PM

Carmen that is because we are organised . I now go to online websites selling birthday cards and buy a whole lot . I live out in the countryside and this saves having to go out specially to get a card .

Oh yes, you can't beat the Women for organising, my daughter is a great believer in organising everything, I don't know where she got it from 'cos I'm hopeless at it, and the wife's not much better.
Scotsman
New Member!
Edinburgh
Scotsman is male 

01-01-2012, 06:47 PM

Happy new year everyone, had a quiet day not up to much made loads of phone calls and made dinner, now its time for a nap on night shift tonight only bit of good news about work is that its triple time.

Good night all
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Oh yes, you can't beat the Women for organising, my daughter is a great believer in organising everything, I don't know where she got it from 'cos I'm hopeless at it, and the wife's not much better.
Jem in your case I am sure no one minds a degree of disorganisation you compensate for that in other ways
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-01-2012, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Scotsman ->
Happy new year everyone, had a quiet day not up to much made loads of phone calls and made dinner, now its time for a nap on night shift tonight only bit of good news about work is that its triple time.

Good night all
Have a good night Jim
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 07:43 PM

Good evening all - and Happy New Year.
I haven't even noticed the weather today, apart from early on when it was quite bright.
Everyone came round for the day and I spent my time providing food. Lunch time seemed to go on for ages.
The whole house is in a total mess - one grandchild has drawn in blue felt tip all over a bedroom wall and all three beds have been undone and there are toys all over the place - If today is indicative of the year to follow I will spend a lot of my time clearing up after everyone, providing food and taking care of their kids (not much different from last year really then )
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

01-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Good evening all - and Happy New Year.
I haven't even noticed the weather today, apart from early on when it was quite bright.
Everyone came round for the day and I spent my time providing food. Lunch time seemed to go on for ages.
The whole house is in a total mess - one grandchild has drawn in blue felt tip all over a bedroom wall and all three beds have been undone and there are toys all over the place -
If today is indicative of the year to follow I will spend a lot of my time clearing up after everyone, providing food and taking care of their kids (not much different from last year really then )
My commiserations Rena when the family come to lunch it takes me literally hours to clear up when they have all gone. I am so looking forward to the day when the babes can eat like adults and there is more food in them than spread around the kitchen .

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top