Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 09:51 PM

Re: New Years Day Sunday

My husband Brian has had to turn all the knobs to the inside of the cabinets and we have child safety catches on all the kitchen doors. I have more food in for them than we have for ourselves, two child seats in the back of the car, stairgates top and bottom, a high chair for the two little ones and a cot in a bedroom, plus a pushchair. Also a selection of DVD's, toys, clothes, nappies, baby cups, plates and cutlery, bibs, etc. etc.
It is hard work when they come and very restricting, but the funny thing is that when they have gone I long to see them again.
My own mum never had as much input into my own children and I think you are right Maryl our generation seems to have fallen into it. I even retired because my daughter needed to keep working full-time, although that was a necessity.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:36 PM

Your house sounds like mine Rena, no cot though, we have a travel one which I can fold up and slide under their bed. Same with car seats and pushchair and everything else. Kitchen is plastered in their paintings which my children don't want up in their kitchens. Daughter pinched our stairgates for her two year old (whatever happened to hers?) now we have to replace ours. I could have so much empty cupboard space, you can't open a drawer here without something of their's in it! Oh dear, I am moaning and I know it. Not about the kiddies but it's all my own fault for being so soft. Two of my son's three children are my step grandchildren and my daughter-in-law's mother never ever have them to stay over.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 12:23 AM

lol this has been a very interesting and amusing read, think I'd better send my sister the link to this thread so she knows what to expect now that she's a new granny as her son and new DIL only live a mile or so away
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 12:28 AM

I visit the charity shops for children's dvds, books etc, the car boot sale and our local freecycle ads for larger items and often meet other grandparents doing just the same thing for their houses.
maryl
UK

03-01-2012, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
lol this has been a very interesting and amusing read, think I'd better send my sister the link to this thread so she knows what to expect now that she's a new granny as her son and new DIL only live a mile or so away
Good idea, forwarned is forearmed.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top