Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 09:29 PM

Conspiracy theorists and theories

I'm just thinking about all the stories and theories people come up with when things happen and the government make rules.

Why don't people just believe what the government are saying, why do some people try to prove that what they are saying isn't true?

If we didn't have governments and no one trusted governments the world would be a much more dangerous place. People would think normal rules don't apply but then, a lot of people don't follow rules anyway. Why do you think that is?

Me personally? I'm quite happy to go along with the flow, I am not interested in proving that something isn't as it seems but obviously not everyone is the same as me and I'm trying to understand it.

I mean, take covid for instance. There are all these rule breakers, making things worse in the world, not just our country, this is worldwide.
Why would world governments allow their countries to go into serious economic decline for nothing? I just can't get my head round the way some people think.

I've seen some pretty ridiculous theories. The most radical theory about covid is that it doesn't even exist. It's like some are in denial but I don't get why? Why can't some people accept we are in a pandemic, a world pandemic?

I keep seeing the word 'sheep' but are we not all sheep? One flock follows the government, the other flock follow theories.

Sometimes people even reject evidence, don't believe figures, etc

Conspiracy theorists mistrust statistics and even the scientists, they are the experts so why would I not believe the experts.

Conspiracies have been around for centuries, for goodness sakes there are people that say the Holocaust didn't happen but I tend to believe it certainly did happen. Obviously I wasn't around then to see for myself but why would be deny that that would happen when we had an evil dictator like Hitler.

There is a woman who was on facebook called Tanya Biba who had 18000 followers and she was telling people not to believe anything the government says, isn't that dangerous? 18000 followers and they were calling such as me SHEEP LOL. She is kicked off facebook for now but I have no doubt she'll come back under a different name to claim her followers.

I'm interested on your views of all this.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 09:52 PM

Re: Conspiracy theorists and theories

I guess there is a fine line between freedom of speech and subversion. Particularly when it can cause life and death changes at such time as this. During wars they usually have a news blackout for the same reasons.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:30 PM

One question Lion Queen.....
If I would have described what was going to happen in 2020, at the beginning of 2019, would you have thought it was a conspiracy theory then Lion Queen....?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
One question Lion Queen.....
If I would have described what was going to happen in 2020, at the beginning of 2019, would you have thought it was a conspiracy theory then Lion Queen....?
I'm not into conspiracy theories, why do you ask that?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 11:13 PM

This is why to be born Simon would have simplified matters, and pies would have not been squared with the R factor.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 09:53 AM

Some people cannot see any difference between what is true and what they want to be true. Trump is by no means the only one.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 09:58 AM

Best ask the person who penned the joke "how can you tell when a politician is lying, when their lips move".
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 09:58 AM

There’s lots of stuff out there, jfk assassination, moon landings, aliens, to name a few, some things are covered up, so who knows..?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 10:11 AM

Hi

We are having leaflets in the door telling us vaccination will kill us.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 10:20 AM

One of our sons is really into conspiracies, no matter what it is he'll take up the cause, such there were no moon landings, Amerca arranged 9/11, covid doesn't exist it is just a means of control over the population, etc, etc..... completely bonkers...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top