Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2015, 08:35 PM

Brian May 'sickened' by Government go-ahead for Grimston beagle farm

I think this is absolutely appalling and disgusting, UK is no better than China and other countries where animals are treated so badly.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/government...8.html#ShLfarR
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2015, 08:52 PM

Re: Brian May 'sickened' by Government go-ahead for Grimston beagle farm

There will be blood...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2015, 09:05 PM

I hope and pray they are banned from going ahead with this, itīs cruel and unnecessary. If they must do their testing then use humans, they have the choice to say yes or no, but of course they donīt have to pay the poor animals.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2015, 09:25 PM

I hope and pray this will be stopped from happening.
Cruel and barbaric practice of testing on animals..I agree with clumsy ,they should use humans for the testing,give them the choice of wether they WANT to take part in trials.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2015, 11:56 PM

Sorry clumsy, but I'm going to do my Ostrich act here.
Brian May does a lot of good work for animals, good man.
I loathe this sort of thing so much I can't bring myself to look at it even. I shall only go off on one and it won't do me any good before bed!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 01:03 AM

So, vegetarians all -
I'm sure you wouldn't eat that poor little sheep or that lovely looking chicken.

And, if the life of your grandchild could be saved using a medicine produced through animal-testing,
you would refuse that medication on principle ?

Trials using humans are fine - once things have got past a certain point.
To get to that point, what alternative do you really suggest ?

C'mon !
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 01:50 AM

Bananas??
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 07:34 AM

Brian May is entitled to his opinions, but his is no important than anyone else's. Why doesn't he just stick to music and astro physics.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2015, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
So, vegetarians all -
I'm sure you wouldn't eat that poor little sheep or that lovely looking chicken.
Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->

And, if the life of your grandchild could be saved using a medicine produced through animal-testing,
you would refuse that medication on principle ?

Trials using humans are fine - once things have got past a certain point.
To get to that point, what alternative do you really suggest ?

C'mon !

What's eating lamb or chicken got to do with anything? It's the Beagles suffering here, and we don't eat Beagles in this country!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

17-07-2015, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Brian May is entitled to his opinions, but his is no important than anyone else's. Why doesn't he just stick to music and astro physics.

I don't think whether he is important or not matters a jot to him. Aren't musicians allowed to have feelings about animal welfare then? How can you say because he has other ways of making a living that he is not entitled to care about anything else also?
He does his charity work because he has strong desires to help - not because he is 'famous.' In fact, if you followed more of his work, you may find he is getting 'more famous' for his charity work than his music lately.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top