Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 01:35 AM

Dog biscuits

I was rather pleased with myself tonight because I made some rather nice dog biscuits for me pooches.
They consisted of rolled oats, a bit of grated cheese, honey and fresh rosemary, all mixed with some olive oil and baked for just 20 mins.
They will keep for 10 days in an airtight container in the fridge, but they won't last that long because they love 'em.

I've got a salmon (or tuna) biscuit recipe I want to try next.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 01:51 AM

Re: Dog biscuits

The biscuits sound lovely Mups, were you tempted to have a little nibble of one?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 06:44 AM

Sound great..

Mine always loved banana or the peanut butter biscuits I made for them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 09:15 AM

I have to make gluten free biscuits for Elsie but yours sound lovely might give them a try for Betty. Discovered recently ours love pop corn and it's gluten free so we make loads of that.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:12 AM

I'm tempted to try that too. Bet Bennie would love them!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I'm tempted to try that too. Bet Bennie would love them!

I'll post the receipe if you want, they're ever so easy.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'll post the receipe if you want, they're ever so easy.
Yes please!
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:54 AM

I buy mine in a large 10lb box,but those sound a whole lot better,and healthier.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-10-2015, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Yes please!
OK. Here goes:

Heat oven to 180. Get a greased baking tray ready.

7 oz rolled oats
2 tbsp honey
2 oz grated cheddar
3 tbsp sunflower oil (I only had olive oil, so used that)
1 oz fresh rosemary or parsley, finely chopped
1 egg, beaten

Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat for a few minutes till all blended. (I added a few drops of water to blend it better, but the recipe didn't say that).

And that's all !

Spread it over your baking tray, firming it down with the back of a wooden spoon and bakes till golden, about 20 mins. (I have mine a few mins longer to crisp it slightly).

Then remove from oven, let it cool a little and cut it into whatever size portions you want for your dog.

Will keep in airtight container in fridge for up to 10 days.

I'll post the salmon one separate.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-10-2015, 12:41 PM

Here's the salmon recipe. I'm going to try this one next:

Heat oven to 180.

1 x 200 g tin of either salmon or tuna in oil
1 egg, beaten
100 flour (doesn't say which sort)?

Empty fish and its oil into a bowl and flake with a fork.
Add the beaten egg and stir well to combine.

Add flour and mix together to form a lumpy dough.
You can now either roll out the dough and cut into small squares, or simply pick up small pieces and roll into little balls.

Place the4 shapes on a baking tray and cook for about 20 mins until golden brown and cooked through.

Once they are cooled, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.

There's also a lovely doggy ice cream I've just found, made with natural yoghurt and blueberries, but I think I'll wait till next summer to make that one.

Ooh, and a lovely one made with salmon, sweet potatoes,carrots, natural yoghurt and flaxseed for elderley dogs. Think I'll have a go at that for my poor old lady.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top