Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 08:11 AM

Re: Noisey dog in car

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Trying to be helpful here.
We used to have cats - put them in the car and they would scream much worse than a dog barking or whining.

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
It is 11.05am (Friday) here
and the bloody rotten mongrel next door has just started !

I know that the owner will not be home until after 5pm
Oh joy, only another 6 hours of continuous whining and yapping !

C'mon, you really think this is OK ?
No you shouldn't have to put up with that but here in England most councils would deal with that and the person would have to take measures to stop it happening. But that isn't really what this thread is about.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 08:13 AM

That poor dog is obviously distressed at being left on it's own for so long. Blame the cruel owners - not the dog.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Here is the noise maker in the car which Doc is talking of.

What a beautiful dog !
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 08:38 AM

Thank you Silver Tabby☺
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 12:31 PM

No, of course it's not ok, but a happy stress-free dog wouldn't be behaving like that in the first place, would it.
What's the dog supposed to do to show he is unhappy?

Look at how you have been sounding off because you are stressed!

I assume you have spoken to the owners? Maybe they are unaware of what their dog does once they've gone.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 01:49 PM

Good point Mups good point☺
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, of course it's not ok, but a happy stress-free dog wouldn't be behaving like that in the first place, would it.
What's the dog supposed to do to show he is unhappy?

Look at how you have been sounding off because you are stressed!

I assume you have spoken to the owners? Maybe they are unaware of what their dog does once they've gone.
At last the voice of sanity and reason...
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Easy....leave him at home !
It is obviously frightened by the experience, and would be cruel to continue the torture.
I thought that this was the voice of sanity and reason Cass a long time ago !
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 05:04 PM

Of course I don't blame the damned dog.
And yes, I have spoken (nicely) to the owner with whom I otherwise get on well.
Like most pet owners apparently, he just does not comprehend the extent of the problem because it only happens when he's not there.
Nor the fact that his dog sets off other dogs in the immediate neighbourhood until it becomes unbearable.

Quite probably, dog-people have a greater tolerance for long periods of barking - day or night - than non-dog people.
Particularly if it is their OWN canine.

For what it's worth, I've rarely had trouble with REAL dogs - only those yappy little things.

And yes, I have spoken to council although that is not generally the "Aussie way".
You have no idea the bureaucratic nightmare they put you through before they will act.
Including statements from other neighbours who are often reluctant to become involved because they too have animals which also offend !

The other problem, as I have mentioned, is that most of these offending owners are renters who rarely stay long in one place - possibly because of their "pets".
They've worked out that it takes ages for the Council to really get serious at which time they simply relocate the problem elsewhere and are very often replaced by others with the same lack of consideration.

I do know it's not the dog's fault but really, disposing of the dog is the only solution ....
Quiet, peace-loving,humans are more important !
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2015, 05:06 PM

Of course I don't blame the damned dog.
And yes, I have spoken (nicely) to the owner with whom I otherwise get on well.
Like most pet owners apparently, he just does not comprehend the extent of the problem because it only happens when he's not there.
Nor the fact that his dog sets off other dogs in the immediate neighbourhood until it becomes unbearable.

Quite probably, dog-people have a greater tolerance for long periods of barking - day or night - than non-dog people.
Particularly if it is their OWN canine.

For what it's worth, I've rarely had trouble with REAL dogs - only those yappy little things.

And yes, I have spoken to council although that is not generally the "Aussie way".
You have no idea the bureaucratic nightmare they put you through before they will act.
Including statements from other neighbours who are often reluctant to become involved because they too have animals which also offend !

The other problem, as I have mentioned, is that most of these offending owners are renters who rarely stay long in one place - possibly because of their "pets".
They've worked out that it takes ages for the Council to really get serious at which time they simply relocate the problem elsewhere and are very often replaced by others with the same lack of consideration.

I do know it's not the dog's fault but really, disposing of the dog is the only solution ....
Quiet, peace-loving,humans are more important !
Tape the barking and play it back to the owner to show them what it is like.

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top