Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 11:50 AM

Funerals

Hi

As we get older the inevitable will happen, we will die.

Have you arranged your Funeral?

Is it how you want it to be?

Mine is simple, an anonymous cremation and the ashes just put in a bin.

I want nothing, better they have a holiday than all the fuss and bother.
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 11:55 AM

Re: Funerals

My husband and I aren't going to have funerals. After any useful bits have been removed our bodies will be cremated, the crem can dispose of our ashes.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
My husband and I aren't going to have funerals. After any useful bits have been removed our bodies will be cremated, the crem can dispose of our ashes.
Yes, that is exactly my feeling. I won't be 'me' by that time. The survicors can do what they like. Funerals are of the remainders.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 12:20 PM

In Scotland they have compulsory organ donation upon death (you can opt out if you like though), so they can have anything they can make use of, and burn/bury/throw out to sea for the fish, as they see fit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
In Scotland they have compulsory organ donation upon death (you can opt out if you like though), so they can have anything they can make use of, and burn/bury/throw out to sea for the fish, as they see fit.
Hi

With my list of injuries I have nothing to give.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 12:56 PM

I cannot be an organ donor as my remains are being left to Medical Science. When they have done with them they can just incinerate them - so no funeral at all.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 01:06 PM

It's the same 'down south' in England, it was changed quite recently I believe,
not sure exactly when though:

https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/uk-...aw-in-england/

I was always registered as a donor so nothing has changed there for me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 01:54 PM

I don't like the thought of being cremated & the ashes just thrown away as though they're nothing!!

I feel I have a right to be remembered & so does Tony.

Just a simple cremation will do me. The ashes of whoever goes first to be saved and mixed with the others ashes when they go.

Then the mixed ashes to be buried in the churchyard where it's safe & they won't blow away.

Together forever.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 01:54 PM

I think we do the same here now, Pixie.
We have to 'opt out' if we disagree with it.

Whoops! Sorry Baz.
Just seen you have already answered.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

As we get older the inevitable will happen, we will die.

Have you arranged your Funeral?

Is it how you want it to be?

Mine is simple, an anonymous cremation and the ashes just put in a bin.

I want nothing, better they have a holiday than all the fuss and bother.
Both of us here have prepaid prearranged plans with Age UK and they have been in place since longer than I can remember. All it takes to put either in motion is one phone call from next of kin and they do the rest ...simples

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top