Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 05:26 PM

Re: Nasty Fall.

OOOh how much of a shock is that ? Do hope you haven't done any really bad damage Pauline and no one has said to you "do watch what you're doing in future "
Grrr as if we fall deliberately ?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 05:28 PM

I'm glad your getting checked out. We seem to take it a lot harder mentally as we age, I expect your still in shock even now. Peace of mind from the Doc, a few painkillers and a good night's sleep will work wonders for you. Just don't leap out of bed in the morning, you'll have stiffened up..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 05:45 PM

Ouch Pauline - that sounds really nasty - bet it made you feel really sick.. Did anyone come to help you up?

Let us know what A&E have to say.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 05:46 PM

Good luck at the hospital, and hope you recover soon. X
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 05:49 PM

Wish you well, Pauline.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 06:57 PM

Nothing worse than taking a tumble and getting a whack from a pavement. It knocks you sick.

Hope you get sorted, get home, put your feet up and get a good rest.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 06:59 PM

I really dont want to make you worry but after my face fall I went to dentist 6 weeks later for check up and was told I'd cracked a back molar . I had no idea . It wasnt a problem as dentist filled it . But just in case it's something to remember.

Rest well
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 07:01 PM

Hope you are ok Pauline
I did something similar a couple of years ago and still bear the scars on my face.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:24 PM

Thank you guys..I really class you all as my friends..we have our moments..but times like this we all pull together.

Just got back from the hospital....he gave me a good check over..had to do a lot of facial exercises...like opening my mouth as wide as I could ,my tongue had to touch the roof of my mouth...had to move the jaw..also moving the neck.

He thought I might need a head scan..because of the apixiban I am on ( blood thinner)
But believes I have just been badly bruised.
So was free to go home,with a discharge advice note after a head injury.

He told me off for not coming to see him sooner...if you guys hadn’t told me to go,I doubt I would have....so thanks for the advice...plus I feel better for getting it checked out...xxx
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:24 PM

Ow! I bet that hurt Pauline, never mind the shock of falling. Hope your arm turns out to be 'just' bruising and nothing broken.

Hopefully, you're home now with your feet up and able to at least have a cuppa without any discomfort. Bet you end up with a shiner too.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top