Join for free
Page 24 of 33 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 02:37 PM

Re: Senior Home Office official QUITS after vicious rows with Priti Patel

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The Times doesn't usually get it wrong. They cite unidentified sources so it's a leak. We will see.
Indeed we will.
I will not be holding my breath ...............

This suggests that they get quite a bit wrong.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...ions-5phnn0xh2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 02:39 PM

I can't read that without registration. I meant that most of their government sources seem to supply reliable leaks.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 02:42 PM

The Times doesn't usually get it wrong. They cite unidentified sources so it's a leak. We will see.
Err, what Times are you referring to? Tide Times? The Moscow Daily Times? They're very reliable.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 02:46 PM

I can't read that without registration. I meant that most of their government sources seem to supply reliable leaks.
And yet you quote a Times report?

Downing street tends to release such changes to the press a day or two before announcing them. This was in the Times one official Government mouthpiece.

There's another piece in the Times about Priti Patel, which includes gems like this:
"“When she took over the Home Office, Rutnam had engendered a culture where they didn’t want to do anything. He was just dreadful and I can see clearly that she might have become frustrated with that.”"
And:
"The inquiry also found that she did not receive the support she needed from senior civil servants."
Plus much more besides.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...fall-l26nqhb8c

ETA the title (in case you want to search) is:
Is Priti Patel a victim of racism, misogyny and unfair treatment?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Ooh err, a proper old tantrum there!

Go find somebody else to feed you but I will not succumb to your bullying tactics any more than Boris & Priti have done.

Bullying tactics! Oh my, are you making an accusation of bullying?
You've just hung yourself.
Now come on, you have to agree your whole presentation of your case on here has been pretty much to establish that 'bullying' does not exist ...
You're a hoot ... I'll give you that. Do you never ever read what you write?
Patel is the victim of bullying now?
You do have a penchant for twisting things.

Okay ... seen as you've asked (not so nicely) .. I'll offer what I believe is an unreserved apology ...
"I have clearly upset you and on reflection - and I have had time to reflect upon this as well - looking at what has been published today on this forum, there is no question I'm absolutely sorry for the upset that I've caused you and I'm very, very clear about that."
Source: Ms P Patel.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 03:42 PM

And yet you quote a Times report?

It's a headline summary. Other news media are quoting the Times. Are you saying that the article is reporting something that contradicts the headline? Because that would be a first.

There's another piece in the Times about Priti Patel, which includes gems like this:
"“When she took over the Home Office, Rutnam had engendered a culture where they didn’t want to do anything. He was just dreadful and I can see clearly that she might have become frustrated with that.”"
And:
"The inquiry also found that she did not receive the support she needed from senior civil servants."
Plus much more besides.

ETA the title (in case you want to search) is:
Is Priti Patel a victim of racism, misogyny and unfair treatment?
I will make my own mind up if Boris ever publishes the inquiry report.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bullying tactics! Oh my, are you making an accusation of bullying?
You've just hung yourself.
Now come on, you have to agree your whole presentation of your case on here has been pretty much to establish that 'bullying' does not exist ...
You're a hoot ... I'll give you that. Do you never ever read what you write?
Patel is the victim of bullying now?
You do have a penchant for twisting things.

Okay ... seen as you've asked (not so nicely) .. I'll offer what I believe is an unreserved apology ...
"I have clearly upset you and on reflection - and I have had time to reflect upon this as well - looking at what has been published today on this forum, there is no question I'm absolutely sorry for the upset that I've caused you and I'm very, very clear about that."
Source: Ms P Patel.
Bloody brill response, made me chuckle
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 03:47 PM

It's a headline summary. Other news media are quoting the Times. Are you saying that the article is reporting something that contradicts the headline? Because that would be a first.

I will make my own mind up if Boris ever publishes the inquiry report.
Me too Annie ..... shouting, swearing and now allegedly she herself is the victim of bullying, racism, misogyny and unfair treatment.
Either way ... it does not look good after all the recent reported infighting behind closed Downing Street doors.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

22-11-2020, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Bloody brill response, made me chuckle
I try my best.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2020, 03:50 PM

The word is, (sorry no link) that she will be for the chop in the next cabinet reshuffle...after all what if anything has she achieved?

Page 24 of 33 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top