Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 08:41 AM

Re: How to post YouTube videos

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Too much like hard work.
It does seem like that at first, my thoughts too. Once you've done it a few times though it becomes very much easier. In fact the HTML codes to indicate a You Tube video can be reduced by copying and pasting the first one and just adding an '/' to indicate the end of that video. Likewise if using a Mac then it's not necessary to bother about clicking on the 'Share' option, just place the cursor on the video playing and clicking on that will bring up an option box with 'Copy video URL'.

Alternatively, and if you don't wish to show the video 'cover' itself then just copy and paste the URL from your browser as below, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTas...ture=emb_title
Mercedes_00
New Member!
Australia
Mercedes_00 is female 

21-12-2020, 10:57 AM

I have no clue what this all means.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It does seem like that at first, my thoughts too. Once you've done it a few times though it becomes very much easier. In fact the HTML codes to indicate a You Tube video can be reduced by copying and pasting the first one and just adding an '/' to indicate the end of that video. Likewise if using a Mac then it's not necessary to bother about clicking on the 'Share' option, just place the cursor on the video playing and clicking on that will bring up an option box with 'Copy video URL'.

Alternatively, and if you don't wish to show the video 'cover' itself then just copy and paste the URL from your browser as below, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTas...ture=emb_title
Hells Bells Baz, that's one big mouser.....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Hells Bells Baz, that's one big mouser.....
Just for an unaware 'southerner', what's one of those OGF?

Aside from that it's very easy to post a YouTube video, honestly it's no problem at all. Another poster on here told me once, a few times doing that using the 'Preview Post' to check and get it right and now I manage without even thinking about it.

Edited to add: I've just noticed the subject of the video so now I realise what a 'mouser' is, not that I didn't anyway before seeing the video! It's just a little early in the day for me!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Just for an unaware 'southerner', what's one of those OGF?

Aside from that it's very easy to post a YouTube video, honestly it's no problem at all. Another poster on here told me once, a few times doing that using the 'Preview Post' to check and get it right and now I manage without even thinking about it.

Edited to add: I've just noticed the subject of the video so now I realise what a 'mouser' is, not that I didn't anyway before seeing the video! It's just a little early in the day for me!
....And a happy Christmas too Baz...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top