Join for free
Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:21 PM

Re: Lockdown confusion.

This lock down should have happened long before Christmas!
When they started putting areas into tiers it confused people and nobody really understood the rules so allowing some people to get together over Christmas was a big mistake

The only way to stop the virus being transmitted is to stop people getting together. A friend of mine had Covid but has now recovered, so not a serious case, but if she had been with other people they could have caught it and died.

I know it is miserable , but just think of the hospital staff who are under extreme pressure and may have to make choices about who they save and who they don't, if their hospital is overwhelmed.

If the vaccines work and we can get enough supplies it may solve a lot of the problems, but till then I think it is worth sticking to the rules and, if you are not sure what they are, don't take any risks!

I am not telling people what to do, but just hoping that no members on OFF catch it and find there is not enough equipment or beds to help them, fight it.

Please stay safe
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
This lock down should have happened long before Christmas!
When they started putting areas into tiers it confused people and nobody really understood the rules and allowing some people to get together over Christmas was a big mistake

The only way to stop the virus being transmitted is to stop people getting together. A friend of mine had Covid but has now recovered, so not a serious case, but if she had been with other people they could have caught it and died.

I know it is miserable , but just think of the hospital staff who are under extreme pressure and may have to make choices about who they save and who they don't, if their hospital is overwhelmed.

If the vaccines work and we can get enough supplies it may solve a lot of the problems, but till then I think it is worth sticking to the rules and, if you are not sure what they are, don't take any risks!

I am not telling people what to do, but just hoping that no members on OFF catch it and find there is not enough equipment or beds to help them, fight it.

Please stay safe

It is my opinion the government will wait until all the top categories in who gets the vaccine are all given the vaccine, which is basically the vulnerable, the over 80's, the over 70's and the over 60's. Then the lockdown and tiers will be relaxed because not many people under the age of 60 have died directly from the virus and thus they will let people catch the virus in the hope that all these people get is just a very very bad flu like symptoms.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:29 PM

I don't want to take any risks or break any lockdown laws.

I hope you can see my confusion though!!

I have just posted the question to my local constabulary on their face book page.

I will abide by what they tell me..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
There's one lockdown rule that doesn't make sense to me. I hope somebody on here will understand & explain.

It's regarding exercise.

We are allowed to exercise with one person out doors.

We must exercise in our own locality.

If we need to we can drive to open spaces to exercise.

My query is: Every week I meet my friend for a walk. We live 12 miles apart so usually meet up half way.

This means it is not in either of our own locality and we would be driving to our chosen exercise spot.

Are we allowed or not?
You shouldn’t drive,Carol,to meet your friend, as it’s only for exercise ,you can do that in your own town...I was able to clean for my elderly lady, as I’m her carer also, I took a taxi, sat in the back, wearing a mask, as did he,..I will be exercising indoors, not taking any chances, I noticed in Tesco, everyone keeping their distance, never saw anyone without a mask either, apparently a professor on the radio,was explaining the new strain is much easier to contract, I will be staying at home, protecting myself and others...I also use a lot of hand sanitiser.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You shouldn’t drive,Carol,to meet your friend, as it’s only for exercise ,you can do that in your own town...I was able to clean for my elderly lady, as I’m her carer also, I took a taxi, sat in the back, wearing a mask, as did he,..I will be exercising indoors, not taking any chances, I noticed in Tesco, everyone keeping their distance, never saw anyone without a mask either, apparently a professor on the radio,was explaining the new strain is much easier to contract, I will be staying at home, protecting myself and others...I also use a lot of hand sanitiser.

I wash my hands every time I've been outside, even if it's just to the garden. I, like you get through a load of hand sanitiser. I've a bottle in the toilet, one in the kitchen and one in the car. Also got a pack of dettol wipes in the car as I use the pay at the pump for fuel, I use the end of my key to tap on the key pad and wrap the handle of the fuel nozzle in the dettol wipe. A bit OTT? maybe but I'd sooner be safe than sorry.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Pauline, Generally speaking... I feel it’s all well and good wearing masks to protect yourself but l have noticed less people are using the sanitisers and trolley sanitisers on entering and leaving the supermarkets.
In fact, when l went to Morrison’s yesterday, the trolley sanitisers were completely empty and there was no paper towelling. People were just not using them anyway.

I won’t touch my eyes or face or sort shopping until l get home and thoroughly wash my hands.
I have always done this and sincerely think that’s why l rarely get colds or flu.

The virus though... is another kettle of fish.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:50 PM

I read a bit on the news this morning that Prestwick airport , near Trumps Turnberry golf course has been told to expect a U.S. military Boeing 757 used by Trump,) on 19th of this month, the day before Biden's inauguration
when our country's in lockdown, borders closed, people can't go out ...surely Trump or anyone else from another country won't be allowed to come here....or is he above the law
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:51 PM

He'd better not be, time he cottoned on that Scotland doesn't want, like, or need him anyway.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I wash my hands every time I've been outside, even if it's just to the garden. I, like you get through a load of hand sanitiser. I've a bottle in the toilet, one in the kitchen and one in the car. Also got a pack of dettol wipes in the car as I use the pay at the pump for fuel, I use the end of my key to tap on the key pad and wrap the handle of the fuel nozzle in the dettol wipe. A bit OTT? maybe but I'd sooner be safe than sorry.
Roxy, l don’t think you are OTT at all, l have always been the same since the Polio epidemic when it was drummed into us to wash our hands.
I open a lot of things like bins with my foot!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->

As for JBR

Yes this would be allowed because her mother is on her own. This from the new law (link is here:https://assets.publishing.service.go...wnGuidance.pdf )

Her mother is on her own and as long as you claim she is part of your 'support bubble', the travel is allowable under the law.
Thanks for this, Dodge. Very reassuring.

Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top