Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 09:47 PM

Re: January Snapshot Competiition

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Both very nice Toners.
Thanks Tiffany- I enjoy looking at both pics- love the sensuality of the Black Betty shot and the fun of the 'bubble car'!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 08:56 AM

caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Disneyworld, Caricature ... and a very interesting place it was too.
Yep, visited 5 times, would do it again too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
Wow! Warleyron.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Wow! Warleyron.
That is exactly what I thought Tiffany! That photo is so amazing you would think some film producer had asked for the scene to be created. I wonder where it was taken.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 02:30 PM

Skógafoss waterfall in the Golden Circle, Iceland. I took a video of it. I'll see if I can find it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 04:50 PM

A beautiful arched tail.

toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
Stunning photo Ron- gets my vote.
toners
Cheshire

09-01-2021, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
A beautiful arched tail.

The details are arched as well- love the detail on the feathers
Apparently the feathers are supposed to be 'bad luck' as they have the 'eye of the devil'. Unfortunate for people with Victorian/edwardian fireplaces then!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by toners ->
The details are arched as well- love the detail on the feathers
Apparently the feathers are supposed to be 'bad luck' as they have the 'eye of the devil'. Unfortunate for people with Victorian/edwardian fireplaces then!

Thank you so much Toners.
I've never had a good camera, so I was very happy my old Mr. P. came out as clear as he did.

May I tell you a quick tale about the eyes in the feathers?

"Juno, was always suspicious of her philandering husband, Jupiter.
She had reason to believe that he was carrying on with a sweet young nymph name Io.

In an inspired moment, Jupiter turned Io into a heifer, thinking that he would be able to spend more time with her without attracting Juno's attention.
But Juno quickly caught on, and appointed a special guard to watch the comings and goings of her 'calf' rival.

Argus, the guard was well suited to his task, as he had a hundred eyes, and could therefore see in all directions and would be unlikely to fall asleep on the job.

Jupiter however, ordered Mercury to put Argus to sleep - permanently. This he did by playing soft, hypnotic music on his pipes, and one by one Argus's hundred eyes closed, and finally Mercury was able to chop off his head.

Juno, desolate, had all of Argus's eyes placed in the tail of her most sacred bird, the Peacock."

As I am not superstitious about these feathers, I still have some feathers in a vase in my front room, still perfect, from about 18 years ago.

Apologies for diverting this thread.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top