Join for free
Page 5 of 164 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:11 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Until next winter Twink, and it will probably be a different strain so you will all have to have another jab, or maybe two jabs, or three jabs......Then you will need jabs to offset the problems caused by all the previous jabs..... Bugger that!...
That is you choice Foxy & I hope you never need to regret it!
I have a minimum of 4 jabs a day ( owing to my diabetes) and they have kept me alive for over 35 years... so I don't think another couple of jabs each year will bother me.
I work on the theory that it is better to be safe than sorry, which I think is better than lying in an Intensive care unit unsure if I will survive.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:11 PM

How did you get the vaccine, do you have to apply or do they call you ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
They either send you a letter or text inviting you to make an appointment. My mum had a text but I heard on TV that some areas are posting letters.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That is you choice Foxy & I hope you never need to regret it!
I have a minimum of 4 jabs a day ( owing to my diabetes) and they have kept me alive for over 35 years... so I don't think another couple of jabs each year will bother me.
I work on the theory that it is better to be safe than sorry, which I think is better than lying in an Intensive care unit unsure if I will survive.
I can understand your concern Twink, and am glad that you will be doing what you think is necessary to avoid Covid.
But I won't be catching it, that's why I won't have the vaccine. It would be like using nicotine patches when I don't smoke...
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:32 PM

I can understand your concern Twink, and am glad that you will be doing what you think is necessary to avoid Covid.
But I won't be catching it, that's why I won't have the vaccine. It would be like using nicotine patches when I don't smoke...
Don’t understand how you can know you won’t catch it foxy, have you made your own vaccine and keeping it to yourself
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 01:44 PM

I struggle to grasp your point of view Foxy, this virus is never going to go away and is something we are going to have to learn to live with, so unless you confine yourself forever more to a solitary existance in your own private space then what other form of protection will you have?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:01 PM

Good to hear you are both ok and you ,Primus, will be checking in again tomorrow, stay safe, everyone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Queenie we received a phone call from our Health Centre on 5th January offering us an appointment to have the vaccine on 9th January. Everything went smoothly.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:07 PM

I don’t believe I will catch it either, as long as I abide by the rules, the only reason I’m not having it yet is,severe allergic reaction to a drug, so must speak to gp first,....at least members are polite to you, I got accused of everything under the sun.when I said I may not be having mine.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 02:11 PM

I do think many people may have to cancel their holiday plans as many companies will require proof of vaccination before allowing a booking. 🙁

Page 5 of 164 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top