Join for free
Page 13 of 164 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 06:24 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by mart ->
I reckon I'm beyond that stage now I think the Pfizer vaccine can't be kept for too long once out of the freezer and can't be re-frozen. It possibly comes out in batches and if there aren't enough people with planned appointments to use a up batch, they perhaps start phoning around to see who can get there at short notice. Just a maybe.
Well whatever the reason I am glad you got yours and hope it keeps you well!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 06:54 PM

It's known that I have to look after Mrs mart who is not very well and disabled. Don't know if that put me on a standby list.

Edit: Might have been called because I hear/read the virus can attack the organs. There is only my one kidney left and that's got a benign tumour in it. Also a bladder that is so watertight it can't empty at all on its own.

Thinking about it, there might me a few reasons why I got called.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
They are supposed to have a list of people they can call on short notice so any left-over vaccine can be used up. (Sir Stephen Whatsisface said so on The Andrew Marr Show this morning.)
I was only told the day before and I had the Oxford vaccine.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
My wife had her vaccine this evening, at 6pm in the local surgery. Must say, it was very efficiently run, with lots of old un's coming and going. I'll have to wait a while, being a tad younger. Oh the problems of being a toyboy! She had the Pfizer jab. I'm hoping for that one too, with hopefully a freebie with that other product they have, that also gives one a big boost!
I'm in the same situation as you John, a toyboy. I did wonder whether they would want to vaccinate both, seeing as we are in the same household ...... obviously not.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm in the same situation as you John, a toyboy. I did wonder whether they would want to vaccinate both, seeing as we are in the same household ...... obviously not.
I went with the good lady to the surgery LD, and hung around in the chance, that while I was there, they'd sort me out. Not to be I'm afraid. In today's Daily Mail front page, there is a story that all over 70's (which is moi), will be sent letters( not from France hopefully!), telling them when they will be sorted.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 04:34 AM

Quite an interesting and reassuring video about the science and on going safety checks on the vaccines.

Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 12:08 PM

"Britain will be able to vaccinate nation against new Covid strains within months after new super-factory opens"

"Britain will be able to vaccinate the entire nation against dangerous new Covid strains within four months after a £158m super-factory opens later this year, The Telegraph can disclose."

' “We’ll be able to make 70 million doses within a four to five month period, enough for everyone in the country, when we open late this year,” Dr Duchars told The Telegraph.

“New Covid variants are absolutely part of the thinking. We probably will need to make seasonal vaccine variants because there may well be mutations in the virus, as well as vaccines for other diseases. You never know what’s coming next.” '

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...covid-strains/

I know The Telegraph is sub-only unless you take out a free trial, but I think I have covered the basics for those who cannot read the whole article.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Australian authorities are seeking more information about one of the COVID-19 vaccines set to be used locally, following a warning from officials in Norway.

There have been a small number of deaths among older people in Norway who received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and suffered side effects.

The Norwegian Medicines Agency last week reported a total of 29 people had experienced side effects, including 13 who died.

All the deaths occurred among patients in nursing homes and all were over the age of 80.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...eaths/13064910
I believe Norway has an assisted dying policy in force Brucy !!
Stop trying to scare all the off members from getting the jab !! LOL!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 05:22 PM

I was watching Sky News and BBC News this morning and one of them had a "Breaking News" ticker saying that the Pfizer vaccine wasn't as good as first thought after just one jab. The results coming back from field studies are showing that much less than 90% effectiveness compared to the original tests.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I was watching Sky News and BBC News this morning and one of them had a "Breaking News" ticker saying that the Pfizer vaccine wasn't as good as first thought after just one jab. The results coming back from field studies are showing that much less than 90% effectiveness compared to the original tests.
I am not sure how accurate the results are anyway, as far as I know vaccines will not prevent you catching the virus but they will have prepared your immune system to deal with it faster & better.
If you take 100 people of the same age & similar health condition, it seems the 90% indicates that only 10% will really suffer from the virus.
If you take another group that are 80 and have similar health surely the results will not be the same as some may not have any contact with people carrying the virus.

The only true way you can assess how effectiveness of any vaccine is over a few years , but even if it is only 50% effective it will still reduce the number of people you can catch it from, thereby reducing the number of people who get the virus & pass it on!

You know what it is like, when people have the flu jab & then catch a cold, they all think the flu jab hasn't worked and they have caught flu!

No news group should be allowed to report these stories until it is confirmed, that it isn't working, by scientists!
It would be interesting to hear how efficient it is for those who had 2 jabs 3 weeks apart..... which is what the pharmaceutical producers said should happen!

Page 13 of 164 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top