Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 04:29 PM

Re: Cashiers in the supermarket

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
That made me smile Mags and reminded me of when I was in a similar situation after the birth of my son - I asked the doctor who was doing the stitching whether he darned his own socks!
@ Margaret.

I guess we may have all had children at a similar time when the procedure was popular
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 04:35 PM

I used to be embarrassed about buying condoms over the counter so resorted to buying them by mail order along with tubes of lubricant/spermicide. Then, after the birth of my 2nd daughter, I had the snip. Since then, the only use I've had for condoms is for emergency finger stalls .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 04:36 PM

I can think of several instances in which the cashier was a young male, and I would choose different aisle just for the sake of not creating awkwardness. What I was purchasing wasn't a big deal, it was just a a matter of being courteous.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I can think of several instances in which the cashier was a young male, and I would choose different aisle just for the sake of not creating awkwardness. What I was purchasing wasn't a big deal, it was just a a matter of being courteous.
You are very tuned into people,surfermum,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No nothing embarresses me, once you have given birth with the help of an episiotomy and got into the habit of lifting your nightie to display your bare bum with stitches to any passing doctor who asks to see them, embarrassment goes out of the window

I agree Meg, it was the same for me too.
However, I did find the vanished embarrassment returned again over the years.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
Nothing I can think of.

Have you ever seen anyone buy a cucumber on its own.

Asking for a friend
large or whole?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I did buy one thing that’s even more embarrassing even shameful

The Diane Abbott book of numbers...
I bought the second one (volume three)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-01-2021, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It was horrendous, I had forceps, a cut in my vagina and 14 stitches and I couldn't sit on my bottom for days .

A group of medical students came to look on one occasion.
I used to be such a shy little thing before that .
I could never do that job. it would be like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-01-2021, 09:22 PM

I was on the checkout today and I can honestly say I didn't really notice what I was scanning, so no one should feel embarrassed. I did notice the two chocolate pastries though.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2021, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I could never do that job. it would be like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

That’s why woman have babies....I have seen some men strapped up to labour pain belt.that simulates labour.....they didn’t last a minute..

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top