Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 12:14 PM

Re: Back to Hospital.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.

A very dangerous place to go.

It is in special measures.
Given the huge variety of procedures any hospital of this size undertakes I wouldn't be too concerned about it being in Special Measures, although I recognise that it will be a worry.

Let's hope your appointment tomorrow sticks.
I hope all goes well for you and wish you a speedy recovery.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 12:17 PM

Thinking of you SF . Get home soon . Let us know how you are
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 03:08 PM

Swim they have been dealing with this ear infection for ages, have they given you any explanation why they cannot get rid of it?

I don't know what they are doing today, but ask what they hope to achieve by doing it & what the next move is if it doesn't happen!

You will never get better if you read all the bad bits on the internet, because they destroy any positive ideas of you getting better. The last thing you need is to be depressed, so be determined to beat these health problems.

Many doctors believe that a positive state of mind really helps people!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 03:50 PM

Hi

I have Malignant Otitis Externa.

The infection is caused by blast damage, which also means I cannot have an MRI Scan, just a CT Scan.

I need to have some tissue removed in my skull.

The type I have has an 80% death rate,

Such is life.

For some reason the NHS link is not working, but you can search it yourself.
Flippin' 'eck Swimmy, you don't do things by half do you? Best of luck tomorrow.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swim they have been dealing with this ear infection for ages, have they given you any explanation why they cannot get rid of it?

I don't know what they are doing today, but ask what they hope to achieve by doing it & what the next move is if it doesn't happen!

You will never get better if you read all the bad bits on the internet, because they destroy any positive ideas of you getting better. The last thing you need is to be depressed, so be determined to beat these health problems.

Many doctors believe that a positive state of mind really helps people!
Hi

Unfortunately life is not like that that Twink.

Everytime you get ill things flare up again.

There is a limit to how much your body can take.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 06:44 PM

Hi

Unfortunately life is not like that that Twink.

Everytime you get ill things flare up again.

There is a limit to how much your body can take.
I understand that Swim, but I know you are not a quitter so don't give up! Being positive got me through cancer, when nobody thought I would.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 07:13 PM

In mybthoughts and prayers swimmy. Xxx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 08:27 PM

I hope all goes well tomorrow Swimmy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2021, 09:04 PM

Best of luck for tomorrow Swim, I hope all goes well and you're back at home soon....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 04:26 PM

Hi

Been, back home.

If any of you have seen the news, the army are in at Shrewsbury Hospital helping out.

It is absolutely rammed.

Only one senior sister, a nurse prescriber , in Cardiac Rehab, the rest are on the wards.

Ambulances are stacked outside.

Anyway, 2 hours of various tests, medications changed, but some have to wait for a consultant to sign, echo cardiogram,stress tests etc etc.

Back in two weeks, then again in March.

I am one of the lucky ones, even urgents have been put on hold.

They have only just started vaccinating frontline staff, so a long way to go before things settle down.

They have run out of surgical things they can do, so just down to sheer bloody mindidness on my part and medication.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top